Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CCW Safe Podcast: Craig Douglas: MUC (Part 1 of 3)

Site Supporter
    In the strongest possible terms- There is a Tier of Trainer that is 50+ that will not be teaching forever.

Tom Given and Craig are two that come to mind. Wayne Dobbs, DBolke, Cecil B., Erick G and Chuck Haggard are five more.

1. Go to a Tac Con and get a taste of what quality live training looks like. You could have a glorious and valuable weekend and not fire one round.

2. Train with said folks.

3. Bless you Craig for putting this out there.

I met Craig at a Tulsa Tac Con in 2009 or 2010. I have at least five takeaways from 4 hours max with him.

a. Develop and play your "tapes" ( just today at the car wash with an aggressive female panhandler)

b. My "Fence" and movement

c. Having a dedicated straight blade is rarely a bad thing

d. His illustrations of how just a little more space can give you a ton more time resonate on a near daily basis

e. His Omega inspired me to get one of my own, albeit a slight different model.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

The discussion of the "armed lifestyle" certainly rings for me, as I'm sure it does for just about everyone on this forum. But outside of this group it does leave me wondering how many are carrying and have never given it any consideration.
    EDC Light Builder | No Nonsense Everyday Carry Flashlights | EDC Light Builder P-F Sub-forum

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    In the strongest possible terms- There is a Tier of Trainer that is 50+ that will not be teaching forever.

Tom Given and Craig are two that come to mind. Wayne Dobbs, DBolke, Cecil B., Erick G and Chuck Haggard are five more.
    Worth repeating. There is a confluence of work, ability, and life experience that is *extremely* hard to duplicate that one finds in that tier of trainer. We’ve already seen how hard it’s going to be to fill the office vacated by William April. In their own ways, the above guys are the same. Taking Craig for example, since this thread is about his work and ideas: it’s clear that he can teach and duplicate himself with some of his younger mentees when it comes to specific aspects of his POI, but someone would have to possess similar life experiences to Craig’s to reproduce or surpass ALL of the aspects of his POI, and that’s a fairly unlikely combination to come up in nature—being a product of an unusual person in an unusual time and place; all honed by time.

JMO.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

A summary of verbal Jiu Jitsu skills based upon the Craig Douglas interviews, from Shawn Vincent of CCW Safe:

https://ccwsafe.com/news/a-well-plac...l-placed-shot/

A Well-Placed Word Is As Good As A Well-Placed Shot

“I know the potency and power of a well-placed word,” says Craig Douglas, “and it’s as potent and powerful as a well-placed shot.” Craig’s a veteran of law enforcement, a former undercover cop, and the founder of ShivWorks which provides tactical training to people in 48 states, 12 countries, four branches of the US military, and five federal law enforcement agencies.

Craig says, “If one chooses to take on the responsibility of carrying a gun in a public space, then the onus is even greater for people to have parity in other skills like good language, good verbal agility, and good social literacy.” He calls these skills “verbal jujitsu,” and as a narcotics officer, he used it to avoid gunfights in the line of duty. Now, as part of his training business, Craig teaches concealed carriers how to use verbal skills to avoid deadly force incidents in their personal lives...cont'd
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

User Tag List