Thread: Springfield Mag Promo & a Hellcat Pro

Springfield Mag Promo & a Hellcat Pro

Well, got the email today for the Springfield Mag & Range Bag Promo. I needed a cheap POS range bag so I decided to order a Hellcat Pro, which at dealer cost puts it dead in the 'decent deal' category. Then I ordered a AIWB holster and mag pouch from @Tony Mayer with their promo going on. Now I am already thinking if the gun shakes out to send it to @LangdonTactical for a work over. Oh, I'll need at least 1k of 147 FMJ, too.
    "Detached reflection cannot be demanded in the presence of an uplifted knife." - Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes, Brown v. United States, 256 U.S. 335 (1921)

Got the Pro and rig in.

I can see why LTT chose the Hellcat platform. It is basically a 3rd Gen Glock with an HS Produkt spin, but not quite an XD/Glock love child.

At the range I found that the gun was very sensitive to trigger finger placement for me. If I was anywhere close to the power crease that round was going left by more than a bit. The slide stop is small and a tad too far to the rear for my hand, thus locking the slide to the rear manually is awkward and requires attention. The slide serrations are shallow enough that racking the slide with a full magazine in place requires a good deal of pressure otherwise your hand will slip right off.

The trigger has a nicely defined wall, no rolling break here. I like this. Reset is very positive. Very close to a pre-Gen5 Glock trigger, as a Glock guy I like this a lot.

Function was perfect over 200 rounds of American Eagle 115 FMJ. Ejection was very positive. Ejection with no magazine in place was positive (*cough* unlike several of my Gen5 Glocks *cough*).

Concealment with the JMCK was as I predicted - with a wedge it disappears under a loose t-shirt. As an added bonus I can wear this thing all day and then fall asleep on the couch with no discomfort. Just what I needed.

I'm not sure a SCD can be made for this due to the way the backplate is retained, but hopefully LTT can figure out a solution.

Here's to the next 1,800 rounds!
    "Detached reflection cannot be demanded in the presence of an uplifted knife." - Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes, Brown v. United States, 256 U.S. 335 (1921)

User Tag List