Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Don’t you just love UPS?

Welp, UPS also saw fit to drop a Browning BPS on my FFL's doorstep while he was away. Barrel made it through the box and scraped the porch... gonna go see what the damage is soon.

The drivers are too busy talking on their phones to deliver packages. We used to know each of our drivers by name. They knew the folks on their route and would speak and smile. Today they just throw packages and on to the next stop.

Quote Originally Posted by camsdaddy View Post
    The drivers are too busy talking on their phones to deliver packages. We used to know each of our drivers by name. They knew the folks on their route and would speak and smile. Today they just throw packages and on to the next stop.
    Humanity is slowly becoming a population of robots going through their day with zero compassion or passion for life.

Darn, I was scanning too quickly, and thought this was a love the USP thread, as in HK USP FS .45. Shot mine with Super ammo today out at our remote cabin.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I haven’t had any issues with UPS for a long time. The drivers have also been pretty good about leaving packages behind a pillar on our porch so they can’t be seen from the roadway. FedEx just seems to leave things in front of the door where they can be seen from the roadway. I’m waiting on a JM holster that USPS was supposed to deliver on Friday. By Thursday it had made it to Albuquerque’s distribution center before promptly executing an about-face and going to Birmingham, AL and then to Chicago, IL, and now supposedly back in Albuquerque.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    I'd love to hear someone weigh in on the legal peculiarities here between Brownells and UPS, re: a common carrier refusing service.

edit: joy, UPS tracking for a package from Midway as of yesterday says "Due to operating conditions, your package may be delayed" and "The delivery date will be provided as soon as possible." I noticed that Midway's website has numerous search function errors that just display a "Sorry, it appears that your search is being blocked. This can occur if you or your service provider has restricted content filtering enabled. Please contact your network administrator to assist resolving this issue." Which looks like something they farmed out to algolia. Anyone else seeing that? An email to their customer service responded with "We are aware of this and we are looking into what could be the issue. I apologize for the inconveniences and hopefully we will have this resolved soon."

<conspiracy>Coincidence, I'm sure.</conspiracy>
    Last edited by jh9; 07-03-2022 at 11:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jh9 View Post
    edit: joy, UPS tracking for a package from Midway as of yesterday says "Due to operating conditions, your package may be delayed" and "The delivery date will be provided as soon as possible." I noticed that Midway's website has numerous search function errors that just display a "Sorry, it appears that your search is being blocked. This can occur if you or your service provider has restricted content filtering enabled. Please contact your network administrator to assist resolving this issue." Which looks like something they farmed out to algolia. Anyone else seeing that? An email to their customer service responded with "We are aware of this and we are looking into what could be the issue. I apologize for the inconveniences and hopefully we will have this resolved soon."

<conspiracy>Coincidence, I'm sure.</conspiracy>
    I just tried searching their site. No issues and it's fast. Tried several searches and, in my experience with Algolia, seems to be functioning how I'm used to using sites that use that platform. Do you have any pop up blockers or other browser plugins active? Could be an issue with one of those.

Sounds like it might be your ISP. If that's the case, you might try using a VPN to obfuscate your traffic.

Also, depending on ISP behavior, you might need some added protection on the DNS side of things. That gets to be a bit more technical and involved to setup, but there are options like DNSCrypt.

Quote Originally Posted by Sig_Fiend View Post
    I just tried searching their site. No issues and it's fast. Tried several searches and, in my experience with Algolia, seems to be functioning how I'm used to using sites that use that platform. Do you have any pop up blockers or other browser plugins active? Could be an issue with one of those.

Sounds like it might be your ISP. If that's the case, you might try using a VPN to obfuscate your traffic.

Also, depending on ISP behavior, you might need some added protection on the DNS side of things. That gets to be a bit more technical and involved to setup, but there are options like DNSCrypt.
    Firefox with https-everywhere enabled and whatever their implementation of dns-over-https is. Looks like cloudflare. ISP should be more or less ignorant of the traffic contents.

Quote Originally Posted by jh9 View Post
    Firefox with https-everywhere enabled and whatever their implementation of dns-over-https is. Looks like cloudflare. ISP should be more or less ignorant of the traffic contents.
    From what I remember, Cloudflare is known to have had many employees who are leftist activist types. I forget some of the fiascos they've been involved in, I just remember seeing enough in the past that I decided awhile ago I would never use CF for any of my own sites that I run.

Quote Originally Posted by Sig_Fiend View Post
    From what I remember, Cloudflare is known to have had many employees who are leftist activist types. I forget some of the fiascos they've been involved in, I just remember seeing enough in the past that I decided awhile ago I would never use CF for any of my own sites that I run.
    Activism wouldn't surprise me, like the CA DOJ leaking what was it, everyone who's been through their background check system. Which includes everyone now who's even bought a box of ammo.

User Tag List