Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Don’t you just love UPS?

Don’t you just love UPS?

After delaying delivery twice, they dumped this on my front porch while the neighbors kids were playing outside:

Site Supporter
    I never stole anything except a kiss, but that would have tempted teenage me, for sure.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    The drivers at my house usually turn the boxes so any label like that is facing away from the street. Sometimes, they even put the box around back.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Site Supporter
    Speaking of UPS, Brownells just posted on Facebook that UPS will no longer accept their packages.

Quote Originally Posted by scjbash View Post
    Speaking of UPS, Brownells just posted on Facebook that UPS will no longer accept their packages.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by scjbash View Post
    https://gatdaily.com/breaking-ups-sh...heir-property/

Multiple sources have now confirmed that UPS is shutting down their shipping accounts, retailers who deal in products like the Polymer80 frame. The complaint is, allegedly, that these retailers are shipping 80% type PMF products to states that ban 80% PMF products. No confirmation has been given by UPS that they have packages with prohibited materials going to ban states, only that they believe it to be so, but one source GAT Daily has spoken with confirmed they filter out states where 80% type product SKUs are illegal.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

I agree it looks really stupid but in UPS's defense as some one who ships daily everything from full flat bed trucks to USPS sized parcels I'd rank UPS the most reliable, USPS 2nd and FedEX dead f-ing last. I presume the delivery protocol for just leaving it on the stoop, ammo (in my case) and powder/primers in your case, may have more to do with UPS internal policy and State/Federal regulation or lack there of rather than driver idiocy. I am guessing that when Govt. reg's don't specify it is left up to sender and carrier discretion. Apple for an example, may require a signature for an iphone delivery but ammo supplier (in my case) does not but also doesn't accept responsibility for loss or theft.

It’s been a while since I bought hazmat stuff online, but I could’ve sworn Midway’s order confirmation said adult signature required.

Fortunately I work from home and the dogs sounded the delivery alert.

“Signature Required” and “Adult Signature Required” seem to be widely ignored, by the delivery drivers, regardless of which of the big three carriers, with Fedex seeming to be the least evil, in this this regard. I reckon that they regard their delivery scan as an adult signature.

Locally, some of our USPS letter carriers seem to be the worst offenders, in dropping or even tossing the packages. (One thing about being retired, is that I can usually be there, waiting for a package that I am tracking.)
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Covid threw all of that out the window here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List