Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Terminal List out on Prime (spoiler alert!)

It was amazingly unwoke, and i cheered when he crossed wannabe's name out in blood and then when Hillary smoked herself.

Watched episode 1 & 2 so far. The jury is still out. I'll watch it all because there isn't much else I watch. Only other thing I'm watching lately is The Old Man on FX and new episodes drop on Fridays.

Knowing a fair bit about the design & construction of a MRI Magnet room as well as the properties of a 1.5 Tesla Magnet, the fight in the scan room was farfetched as was the CSI work afterward. But I'm not going to condemn the show on that.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Watched S1E1 yesterday. Thought it was awful.

When Pratts character sends Wu's character that email, then they get together and don't even discuss it, they lost me completely.

Does it get better?
    I didn't make it through the initial mission/ambush.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

I’m two or three episodes in (with auto-play, who can keep track?).

Never even heard of the book(s), much less read them.

So far it seems pretty run of the mill, which is fine with me.

Main complaint is everything happening in the dark and my too-bright living room making it impossible to make out anything on the screen.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey View Post
    I've got two episodes left to go, and I'm thoroughly enjoying it, as well. Having read the first four books in the series, I felt Terminal List was the most poorly written. Carr gains skill as a writer, though,
    So true. I found Terminal List to be really poorly written. So much so I could barely finish it. Savage Son was a huge step up in quality overall and I really enjoyed it. I was glad I gave Carr another try.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Main complaint is everything happening in the dark and my too-bright living room making it impossible to make out anything on the screen.
    I am only 1/2 way through the first episode. This is exactly my problem with it. I understand the attempt at realism for the low light scenes, but it has the effect of making it very hard to tell what is going one.

From what I have seen already, it is quite different from the book. The writer and director may have their reasons for doing so. I have seen this be the case with a lot of movies that are based on books.

Putting it in perspective relative to current offerings, I thought it was great. Not perfect. Not necessarily 100% technical accuracy in whatever. Not necessarily the most plausible. Maybe the occasional plot hole or oversight. At the end of the day, who cares? The action was great! Some of the acting was decent. I thought Chris Pratt did a great job. Ultimately, this is a mini series that has to create an entire world and suck you in within the span of 8 episodes. What exactly do people want out of 8 episodes? We got some FJ60 action, mag changes, pistol transitions, BMG, even the gauge got some love. I can't ask for much more than that.

It could have been worse. It could have been, "NAME? RANK? PRONOUNS PLEASE, SAILOR!". Thankfully not the case here. It's doubtful we're ever going to see TV series like X-Files, The Wire, etc. again anytime soon. Those old shows often had 10+ years and 15-24 episodes per season to manufacture the experience. These days, most are 6-10 episodes, occasionally higher like 15 but, the industry is so risk averse they rarely go for that anymore. Also, most that are halfway decent seem to rarely survive beyond 2-3 seasons. We're lucky when we get the occasional one-off that sneaks through and can entertain us for a weekend or two.

Site Supporter
    Finished it.

The ending was not my favorite, and while I know that it's TV, it had too many over the top moments, the agent Jackson lady was annoying. Overall though, it was great. My hope is that there is another show as decent made in the next 2-3 years so I don't have to watch the same shows over and over.

One scene I found particularly interesting was the extended firefight in episode 4, where the Edwards character has an Aridus outfitted Beretta 1301 that he repeatedly reloads throughout the fight. This includes one point where both Reece and another character take up covering positions while Edwards reloads the 1301 from empty--when Reece asks him how much time he needs, Edwards answers: "about 10 seconds." Always good to see a realistic portrayal of keeping a shotgun running.

Quote Originally Posted by Sig_Fiend View Post
    What exactly do people want out of 8 episodes? We got some FJ60 action, mag changes, pistol transitions, BMG, even the gauge got some love. I can't ask for much more than that.
    You know what? You’re spot on about this.^^^

Point taken.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

User Tag List