Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Terminal List out on Prime (spoiler alert!)

Finished it last night. It was way to dark, the story was kinda meh. The constant flashbacks were a needed part of the story but also felt odd. Baofangs radios seem out of place on FBI agents, but what do I know.

Loved the 1301, the land cruiser, the reloads, stuff like that. He wasn't super human, and there was nothing woke. It was okay while I wait for the next episode of Alone.

Site Supporter
    1. Finished it last night.

2. Concur with many of the gun/gear comments to include the shotgun one specifically

3. Overall rating goes up to 85/100

5. While it was "dark" both visually and storyline wise, presumably someone who has lost what he had lost would be quite dark in his approach going forward.

6. RE "Wokeness." What is woke in this world of premium TV? If something can be too woke than by definition, something can be not woke enough?

7. While DUSM Wilson (SA Layun's go to ptr) was a bit prickly as a character, she was spot on relative to the one female DUSM I have worked with who did far more fugitive apprehension v court-room work right down to the pedigree i.e. Army vet then Federal LEO.

8. If I want to nit pick, I find it far more irritating v. any one character that Reece would not have redundant Rx ON both his body and IN his bag given how important it was to his level of function. Get it together REECE.

In this intra covid, pre monkeypox, pre midterm, heat of the summer season we find ourselves in, the show was simply a low to moderate IQ/moderate to high RPM escape with some rather attractive people running and gunning. No More. No Less. I vote yes. for S2.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

Maybe I missed it, but what was the background on his older friend in Mexico?

Quote Originally Posted by Sig_Fiend View Post
    Putting it in perspective relative to current offerings, I thought it was great. Not perfect. Not necessarily 100% technical accuracy in whatever. Not necessarily the most plausible. Maybe the occasional plot hole or oversight. At the end of the day, who cares? The action was great! Some of the acting was decent. I thought Chris Pratt did a great job. Ultimately, this is a mini series that has to create an entire world and suck you in within the span of 8 episodes. What exactly do people want out of 8 episodes? We got some FJ60 action, mag changes, pistol transitions, BMG, even the gauge got some love. I can't ask for much more than that.

It could have been worse. It could have been, "NAME? RANK? PRONOUNS PLEASE, SAILOR!". Thankfully not the case here. It's doubtful we're ever going to see TV series like X-Files, The Wire, etc. again anytime soon. Those old shows often had 10+ years and 15-24 episodes per season to manufacture the experience. These days, most are 6-10 episodes, occasionally higher like 15 but, the industry is so risk averse they rarely go for that anymore. Also, most that are halfway decent seem to rarely survive beyond 2-3 seasons. We're lucky when we get the occasional one-off that sneaks through and can entertain us for a weekend or two.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    I’m loving it. For me, it’s one of the best shows in a long time.

The gun play is good and the characters are good. The men are manly and the female characters are strong while still being feminine. Bad guys are bad and the revenge is a good vs evil story.

I have not read the books, but the show is great. Perfect? No, I don’t like the flashbacks, but is good.

Like I’ve said before, I find 99% of tv and movies so bad as to be unwatchable. If you told me I had to watch reruns of the Dick Van Dyke show or take my chances with a random modern TV/movies, I would watch the former. A show I do not like.

My point being, maybe my tastes are so different that me liking programs that most would not, either shows it’s terrible or better than average because even I like it. It’s probably one extreme or the other.

If more movies and shows were even close to being this decent, I would watch a lot more shows. It’s on par with Jack Reacher and maybe even better.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Finished it.

The ending was not my favorite, and while I know that it's TV, it had too many over the top moments, the agent Jackson lady was annoying. Overall though, it was great. My hope is that there is another show as decent made in the next 2-3 years so I don't have to watch the same shows over and over.
    After finishing it I have to concur with these gentlemen. TV is entertainment, a temporary escape from reality, and a way to unwind at the end of a long day. I'm okay with suspending disbelief and just enjoying the ride without overanalyzing everything.

For those who found the production too dark, most modern TVs have different modes with preselected settings that vary in brightness and contrast etc. I don't have to adjust mine very often but it sure helps brighten or even tone down certain shows and movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Redhat View Post
    Maybe I missed it, but what was the background on his older friend in Mexico?
    I am trying to remember, but it was outlined in the book.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    I am trying to remember, but it was outlined in the book.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    In the show, he is a family friend with a deep connection to Reece’s father. Rich guy with some connections on both sides of the border.

Watched the final episode last night. As others have mentioned, it was all pretty predictable but the gun stuff was fun and “accurate” to the extent that I care. Weak-side shoulder transitions, tac-loads, transition to pistol, etc. all looked “right” to me in the context of the show so that was neat.

If you are reading this post and haven’t read the rest of the thread, there’s some spoilers in the thread I wish I hadn’t seen. Not that the plot twists are groundbreaking, just be aware there are spoilers here. Maybe a mod or admin could edit the thread title?
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Watched the final episode last night. As others have mentioned, it was all pretty predictable but the gun stuff was fun and “accurate” to the extent that I care. Weak-side shoulder transitions, tac-loads, transition to pistol, etc. all looked “right” to me in the context of the show so that was neat.

If you are reading this post and haven’t read the rest of the thread, there’s some spoilers in the thread I wish I hadn’t seen. Not that the plot twists are groundbreaking, just be aware there are spoilers here. Maybe a mod or admin could edit the thread title?
    I just finished episode 5. I agree. It's decently entertaining but not spectacular. There are some holes in the story line (Seals apparently walked on water to the beach from the boat in opening fight scene) and it feels a little rushed on character development but that's what you get with 8 episodes I suppose. I did not read any of the books so not sure if that helped or hurt but I had no preconceived notions. It's watchable and if they continue the series it has potential.

Site Supporter
    ROB -S is spot here with his comment below.

It is three posts max- same poster
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

Anyone else cringe when Reese's Resco watch started beeping?

Hollywood being Hollywood

User Tag List