Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Terminal List out on Prime (spoiler alert!)

Site Supporter
    Pretty much concur with all above. After reading you guys here, I was WAYY impressed after I watched it. You guys are a tough crowd!!! I very much enjoyed it but everything you guys said about the plot and not reading too much into it; just watching and enjoying - was true.

Hammertime
    Three in and me and the kids are loving it.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TOTS View Post
    Pretty much concur with all above. After reading you guys here, I was WAYY impressed after I watched it. You guys are a tough crowd!!! I very much enjoyed it but everything you guys said about the plot and not reading too much into it; just watching and enjoying - was true.
    There's a YouTube channel I follow who will review a show and basically say something like "Terminal List was fine, you guys are just being mean"

But the darkness was a real annoyance to me IMO

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
    Haven't read the books, just finished the series. I must say, I thought the series was much better than some of the complaints in this thread made it seem - although I did stop reading this thread because of the spoilers, so perhaps I misunderstood. On second read, seems like some were complaining about the original books - I think I missed that. Anyways, plenty of decent gun play with zero wokeness - could be a whole lot worse these days. Granted, the plot wasn't perhaps super realistic but eh... It's a TV series, they typically aren't. And like I said, I thought this one was better than most. IMDB user review average is 8.2 and that seems about right in my opinion. Definitely worth watching in my opinion!

People who complained the series was too dark to see: guys, my TV is the cheapest piece of shit I could find when my previous one died and probably over at least five years old at this point, and once we dimmed the lights some I had no problems whatsoever in seeing what was happening. Either you need to adjust your screen or your lights, but the problem is not with the program.

People who complained the series was otherwise dark: well yeah, you do have a point. But considering the plot, what can you expect? (Well I suppose the dude could have put on some dorky spandex with a skull logo, but that would just be stupid... )
    My tv has preset modes, Theater, Sports, and a few others I can't remember. I switched to Sports mode for The Terminal List which is brighter than the others and it was fine.

As far as the story being dark, I don't know what people expect from revenge themed books, shows and movies. I mean, Creasy Bear stuck a bomb up that dude's ass and detonated it and Man on Fire is heralded by most that enjoy action movies.

As a twice consumer of the series in Audible form I enjoyed the Amazon Prime series. As soon as I finish my latest "action" piece on Audible I'm going hit the Audible version of Terminal List again to focus in on the differences. I appreciated the ability of the video format bring much of what must have been in Reece's mind to "life", both past moments with his family and figments of his imagination. Also appreciated Jack Carr's recent YT take on the series critics: "You're not the target audience". No shit.

Only 2 and half episodes in so far The opening scenes and the early questions of is he being setup or just nuts was interesting, though not surprising. As soon as the wife and daughter (why is it always a daughter?) were on screen I instantly saw where that was going to go... My initial thoughts are that this is just "Shooter" or "American Assassin" with extra steps. It's every thing I expected and not particularity original and I am ok with that for now.

User Tag List