Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Terminal List out on Prime (spoiler alert!)

Site Supporter
    I was surprised about that one woman turning out to be Reese's twin sister.

It made the kiss midway through the series kind of awkward, in retrospect.

Seriously, though, I'm not sure all the plot twists really helped the story -- it made things not make a ton of sense in the long run.

Got bogged down with the kung flu last week so I binge watched the series. Tend to agree with the assessments of others. Its mindless entertainment and only that. Applies to both books and the series. I'd watch a second season if they do the second book and I'll listen to more books if he writes them. If you're ok for some mindless time this will be good. If you want something more serious and thought provoking you'll be disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    After finishing it I have to concur with these gentlemen. TV is entertainment, a temporary escape from reality, and a way to unwind at the end of a long day. I'm okay with suspending disbelief and just enjoying the ride without overanalyzing everything.

Thank you!

I appreciate something that will engross me for a few minutes. I am 4 or 5 episodes in and I am sitting here at work and cant wait till I get home tomorrow to finish. So far today we have inspected 24 fire hydrants in the rain, mowed the station grass in the humidity after the rain, I have been puked on (bright orange, sticky puke), been cussed out by a 50 some year old woman because the Narcan ruined her high, and reset 3 fire alarms. I still got 12 hours, yea. I may smoke a brisket myself tomorrow, good idea.

What is with all the low light filming -- I feel like I need to watch wearing my NVG's.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Entertaining watch …. At least this is not polluted by woke bullshit

Relatively followed the book

Carr has to continue to refine his books in this genre IMO to compete with Vince Flynn

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    What is with all the low light filming -- I feel like I need to watch wearing my NVG's.
    Yeah, I had to develop a routine where I made sure that I turned off all of the lights in my kitchen and dining room before trying to watch the show.

Reminds me of last season of GOT.

Good mindless entertainment, technical advisors did a lot to make it much less irritating than most hollywood BS.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt_Overide View Post
    Good mindless entertainment, technical advisors did a lot to make it much less irritating than most hollywood BS.
    This is basically my feeling as well. It's not like we're aiming for the next Citizen Kane.

Antoine Fuqua tends to direct a pretty decent action flick, but I don't think he's chasing Academy awards. Who would want to have to attend that pretentious circle jerk anyways?

I credit him for getting me reading Stephen Hunter's stuff. I expect I'll start reading Jack Carr at some point too.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

One of the stars of the show…

Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Haven't read the books, just finished the series. I must say, I thought the series was much better than some of the complaints in this thread made it seem - although I did stop reading this thread because of the spoilers, so perhaps I misunderstood. On second read, seems like some were complaining about the original books - I think I missed that. Anyways, plenty of decent gun play with zero wokeness - could be a whole lot worse these days. Granted, the plot wasn't perhaps super realistic but eh... It's a TV series, they typically aren't. And like I said, I thought this one was better than most. IMDB user review average is 8.2 and that seems about right in my opinion. Definitely worth watching in my opinion!

People who complained the series was too dark to see: guys, my TV is the cheapest piece of shit I could find when my previous one died and probably over at least five years old at this point, and once we dimmed the lights some I had no problems whatsoever in seeing what was happening. Either you need to adjust your screen or your lights, but the problem is not with the program.

People who complained the series was otherwise dark: well yeah, you do have a point. But considering the plot, what can you expect? (Well I suppose the dude could have put on some dorky spandex with a skull logo, but that would just be stupid... )

User Tag List