Thread: BH Spring Solutions/RDIH Extended Slide Stop/Release On Colt Series 70 Reproduction

BH Spring Solutions/RDIH Extended Slide Stop/Release On Colt Series 70 Reproduction

I've been running one of these on my SIG GSR XO for over a year with excellent results, so I decided to get a stainless one for my Colt Series 70 Stainless Series 70 Reproduction. Component is a drop-in; finish is nicely done, but not an exact match for the stainless on the Colt, but certainly not an aesthetic eyesore. It does lack the easy-install divot/channel that snaps over the plunger tube spring plug, so you'll need to push the plunger back into the plunger tube when installing, but that's easily done.

I found the OEM Colt component to be usable either with the support-hand thumb, or by breaking your firing grip to re-position the strong-hand thumb. The BH SS/RDIH component is easily accessed by either thumb, but the biggest win with it is how it can be accessed by the strong-hand thumb without breaking the firing grip.

I just installed it, but historically have had absolutely no issues, malfunctions or inadvertant slide lock-backs with the one I've used on the SIG.

Best, Jon

Last edited by JonInWA; 06-30-2022 at 02:20 PM.

Or one could think of it as an updated Kongsberg Colt M1914 Norweigan service pistol....

Best, Jon

User Tag List