Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Bodyguard v.2 18350

v.2 feedback and kudos

Starting this post with kudos and thanks to NH Shooter for putting together a damned fine little light. It is light, elegant, and eminently useful. I find it similar to one of my favorite old-school lights, the Surefire E2 Executive, that was my travel companion for many years. Time moves on, however, and this is both lighter and brighter than the E2.

I confess to NOT being a 'flashlight nerd'. There was a fairly recent thread here that stretched into multiple pages. I started reading shortly after the initial posts, as most of my flashlights are quite old school and in need of replacement or a refresh/tech/lamp upgrade. I think my eyes glazed over after several pages, and distinctly remember thinking "wow; these folks have too much time on their hands". There was a lot of very good knowledge there, and I made it a point to try to circle back at some point...

Fast forward a couple of weeks, and I fortuitously clicked on 'this' thread, when NH Shooter said "I have one light left". A PM, a quick response, a seamless transaction, some great follow-up advice on batteries and chargers, and I've been in business with my v.2 for several weeks now.

The pics already posted clearly show how usefully bright the v.2 is. So far, I mostly use mine in the higher power mode, as I normally use a headlamp (AAA batteries) for doing small odds and ends (e.g. putting my bike rack on my car at 0400). One feature that could be useful (not sure if this is possible) would be some type of 2-stage pushbutton, similar to my Surefire LX2 Lumamax, where you push gently for low-power, or mash harder for the higher power setting. Again, that's just a thought. As it stands right now, the v.2 currently does what I want it to do.

Thank you, NH Shooter, for taking the time to sweat the details, and building a great little light.

-Rainman

Quote Originally Posted by rainman View Post
    Thank you, NH Shooter, for taking the time to sweat the details, and building a great little light.
    Thanks for posting your thoughts and feedback!
    EDC Light Builder | No Nonsense Everyday Carry Flashlights | EDC Light Builder P-F Sub-forum

User Tag List