Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bodyguard v.2 18350

Quote Originally Posted by SAWBONES View Post
    It's only an inch wide at the head (the widest portion of the light), and just under 4" in overall length, so it easily goes in a pocket, though I hope to find some sort of belt pouch for it for sake of quicker access, and so it doesn't get too dinged up.
    @SAWBONES - thanks for posting!

A couple of suggestions for the above;

I use this pouch from CountyComm to place my house keys in. Placing it in a front pocket provides "filler" to keep the light riding vertically in a stable fashion. This works well for me.

Using this horizontal kydex carrier is another option worth trying. It's designed for 1-inch body lights so the BD v.2 head fits it perfectly. Wrap the lanyard around the carrier for extra retention security. This one I cut down for a different LEGO, but I'm going to order another because I do very much like horizontal belt carry too;

No doubt it takes some experimentation to find what works best. These two options are IMO worth a try.

Thanks again, very much appreciated!
    EDC Light Builder | No Nonsense Everyday Carry Flashlights | EDC Light Builder P-F Sub-forum

Thanks for those ideas, NH Shooter.

As it happens, I have several kydex belt carriers very much like the one you showed, and will have to try them out.

(More than 2 decades ago, I sent a kydex carrier design suggestion for OC spray canisters to friend Greg Garrett when, IIRC, he was then the owner of what evolved into the Comp-Tac.com business, and he modified my clumsy concept into something very much like the one shown in your post, and sent me several samples. Gotta dig 'em out and see if they work for the BG v.2!)
    "Therefore, since the world has still... Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure, Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would, And train for ill and not for good." -- A.E. Housman

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by NH Shooter View Post
    @SAWBONES - thanks for posting!

A couple of suggestions for the above;

I use this pouch from CountyComm to place my house keys in. Placing it in a front pocket provides "filler" to keep the light riding vertically in a stable fashion. This works well for me.

Using this horizontal kydex carrier is another option worth trying. It's designed for 1-inch body lights so the BD v.2 head fits it perfectly. Wrap the lanyard around the carrier for extra retention security. This one I cut down for a different LEGO, but I'm going to order another because I do very much like horizontal belt carry too;

No doubt it takes some experimentation to find what works best. These two options are IMO worth a try.

Thanks again, very much appreciated!
    I will have to keep the Kydex Light Carrier in mind. I bookmarked the vertical version just in case my last Custom Carry Concepts Basic Light Pouch that will fit my Bodyguard V2 breaks.

Getting a Grip

To supplement my Getting the Switch Right post, here are two photos to illustrate operation of the BG v.2 18350 light.

This photo illustrates how naturally/comfortably placing the "meat" of the thumb on the switch provides excellent control of momentary operation, from a gentle press to mashing it down as one might do in a stressful situation. With the thumb positioned like this, I find it takes a mighty hard and deliberate press to depress the switch far enough to inadvertently click to constant-on;

For constant-on is operation, simply shift the thumb and use the tip for a deeper press to reach the click;

It took a lot of trail-and-error to find the right combination of tailcap design and boot selection to get the right feel and control of the light using a grip we would most likely use for SD applications. It seems like such a simple thing, yet most lights I've handled fail to account for how a light might be handled in a high-stress situation.
    EDC Light Builder | No Nonsense Everyday Carry Flashlights | EDC Light Builder P-F Sub-forum

BG v.2 18350 Holster

This horizontal light carrier from Kytex Shooting Gear works perfectly;

The carrier grips the head tightly and the lanyard ring prevents the light from sliding out frontward without aligning the loop ear with the opening on the top.

Recommended!

Site Supporter
    This horizontal light carrier from Kytex Shooting Gear works perfectly;

The carrier grips the head tightly and the lanyard ring prevents the light from sliding out frontward without aligning the loop ear with the opening on the top.

Recommended!
    How well would this clip work with a 1 1/4 inch wide, double thickness leather belt?

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    How well would this clip work with a 1 1/4 inch wide, double thickness leather belt?
    It's made for a 1-1/2" belt, I would say 3/16" thick max.

Site Supporter
    It's made for a 1-1/2" belt, I would say 3/16" thick max.
    Thanks! Unfortunately my belts are 1/4 inch thick, so this is good to know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Beam Shots

Using the BG v.2 18350, these were taken at 3:00 AM from the end of my driveway looking towards my neighbor's house across the street.

There are two exterior lights on my house in back of me, which produce enough light to make my mailbox just barely visible, but my neighbors mailbox is concealed in the dark (about 60 feet away).

Top photo is reference, with no light. My mailbox is just barely visible, but otherwise totally dark looking across the street. If someone or something was there, no way it could be seen.

Second photo is at the full power 1,000-lumen output, which the light produces for eight seconds when it's turned on.

Third photo is at the stepped-down 250-lumen setting eight seconds later. The 250-lumen output is totally adequate for navigation in the dark, such as taking the dogs for a night time walk. A quick blip of the tailcap switch resets the light back to 1,000 lumens.

Great pics. That bodyguard v2 rocks! There is no escaping it! I love the one that I carry too!

User Tag List