Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bodyguard v.2 18350

Bodyguard v.2 18350

My latest build, one very bad-ass little light! This is now my "other light" that rides in the opposite pocket of the fight light shown in my avatar;

Critical specs;

• Weight = 2.6 ounces as shown (with 18350 cell and lanyard)
    • OAL = 3.815" (just enough to get a good grip on)
    • Output = 1,000 lumens/12,000 candela on high, 250 lumens on low (approximately 3,000 candela)

Should I build more of these? ;-)
    EDC Light Builder | No Nonsense Everyday Carry Flashlights | EDC Light Builder P-F Sub-forum

Quote Originally Posted by NH Shooter View Post
    My latest build, one very bad-ass little light! This is now my "other light" that rides in the opposite pocket of the fight light shown in my avatar;

Critical specs;

• Output = 1,000 lumens/12,000 candela on high, 250 lumens on low (approximately 3,000 candela)

Well, I do have a birthday coming up...
    Just saying.

Wow, that is awesome. Pretty much the perfect EDC light.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Quote Originally Posted by NH Shooter View Post

Critical specs;

yes, yes you should lol

Would a thrym switchback fit on thaty body?

Quote Originally Posted by Flamingo View Post
    Would a thrym switchback fit on thaty body?
    No. The switchback is designed for the larger (and heavier) 1-inch body lights.
    EDC Light Builder | No Nonsense Everyday Carry Flashlights | EDC Light Builder P-F Sub-forum

Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    yes, yes you should lol
    So......

I get a modest discount from the vendors when I buy enough to build at least four lights. The discount is enough that I can pass these "builds" on for less than it would cost to buy the components one at a time to build a single light. Generally I need to make about an $800 - $1,000 up front investment in the components.

My first "testing the water" pass at this was to build four lights on speculation and simply offer them for sale in the Non Firearms forum. I'm working with @LittleLebowski to set up the best way to offer a "build on demand" service to PF members. If there's enough interest, the next step would be for me to invest in a Supporting Business membership with a dedicated sub-forum. The sub-forum would contain a component menu to have a light built any way you want it.

/thread drift

By customizing the Bodyguard in this manner, are you able to access the low-mode directly, or do you still need to wait the ~10 seconds for the light to downshift from high?

Quote Originally Posted by CR78 View Post
    By customizing the Bodyguard in this manner, are you able to access the low-mode directly, or do you still need to wait the ~10 seconds for the light to downshift from high?
    Functionality is unchanged: full power for eight seconds, then drops to low. No direct access to low, light always comes on full power.

The E2 Super head is essentially the BG head without the drop down.

Student
    Very nice, I commit to buy one.

User Tag List