Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: If you had Glock Gen5 trigger problems, what lube??

My "go to" lubricant on the Glock triggerbar/connector interface surfaces is Lucas Red "N" Tacky #2 grease, or Mil-Comm TW25B. Both are non-migrating and low evaporating (especially the Lucas grease).

Best, Jon

Guys, it sounds like the OP is looking for information only from members who have had Gen5 Glocks with triggers that grew progressively worse from use. He might have a hypothesis about something they have in common. I don’t think he’s looking for recommendations on what lube to use or what lube you’re using on guns that have triggers that haven’t gotten worse with use.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Yep, you're right. My bad. I have Gen 3 and Gen4, no Gen5 yet.

Best, Jon

“Oh, and don't try to work the trigger like it's a 1911 trigger. Just smoothly press the trigger through, and don't try to stage it. At least that's what works for me.”- from above…….

He can shoot. He’s looking for a specific solution to G5 triggers he has had. He knows how to run a Glock trigger.

Site Supporter
    I ride the short bus, I thought he was asking what lube you were using when you started having problems. My fix was to take the slide apart and clean it. The trigger got better after that.

Clp Battleborn grease on trigger contact points and some Wilson lube where the trigger bar rides along frame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jlw View Post
    The trigger in my Gen5 19 MOS was "okay". I thought it would improve with shooting as that has been my experience, It hasn't. It has gotten worse. just yesterday I ordered an NP3 finished connector and striker block from ODT for it.

Correction: The parts were ordered from Overwatch, not ODT.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

I used Slip 2000 EWG on my 19x when it got crunchy. It didn't help fix the crunch, a new trigger housing did.
    Still, I like the feel of the trigger better on my Glocks with a tiny amount of EWG on the connector.

I looked through my TJ. December 2019 I posted the following. My 2017 purchased Glock 19 Gen 5 had 3,205 rounds at the time. Hope this helps.

Glock 19.5: Did 0.25c trigger job with Dremel and Flitz. Polished the Connector (Dot) and rear lug of the Firing pin. Removed and cleaned the Extractor.

Renewed/polished the following parts:

- New Trigger Mechanism Housing with Ejector 47208 (with the 47021 Ejector)
    - New Trigger with trigger bar 39702 (polished)
    - New Firing pin safety 33782 (polished)

New OEM Extended Slide Release 47249.

Reassembled with a dot of grease in the connector lip.

Subjectively the trigger press seems smoother, about the same weight. No hitch in the take up. Kinda like it used to feel. The extended slide release is easier to release in my hand. I can now hit the release with my thumb.

I use Lucas grease and Lucas oil. If the trigger starts to feel crunchy, I clean off the old lube from the connector and trigger bar and re-apply. I put grease where the connector meets the trigger bar, and a little more on the outboard side of the trigger bar where it rubs against the frame. (Bright spots usually tell me where to put grease.)

A tip I got (not sure if it was from here or some other online source) was to put a bit of oil or grease in the stirrup that links the trigger bar to the trigger return spring. It's helped a bit.

User Tag List