Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Rifles built on non-Ruger, aftermarket 10/22 receivers.

Tempting… but I just dropped some coin for the Magpul stock. Plus, the cost of the chassis and the additional cost for AR furniture wouldn’t make it cost effective for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Pnut View Post
    Tempting… but I just dropped some coin for the Magpul stock. Plus, the cost of the chassis and the additional cost for AR furniture wouldn’t make it cost effective for me.
    Cost effective? What is this unfamiliar term?.....

GaG seems to have a decent price, and I would have leftover AR stuff, at least to start with.

https://grabagun.com/midwest-industr...models-13.html

I was thinking I might get one, drop the current 10/22 into it to see if I like it, then start gathering parts. Then I was thinking this could ultimately be cool with one of the integrally suppressed barrels.

But am juat talking smack right now, I have been hemorrhaging cash in a couple other areas.
    Last edited by mmc45414; 07-16-2022 at 06:56 AM.

I haven't looked at the specs for that MI setup but weight and balance would be a concern to me. Still kicking around (and lightly resisting) the idea of a KISS takedown build.

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    Cost effective? What is this unfamiliar term?.....
    Name:  feel pain.jpg
Views: 252
Size:  49.7 KB
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    I haven't looked at the specs for that MI setup but weight and balance would be a concern to me. Still kicking around (and lightly resisting) the idea of a KISS takedown build.
    MI has the same thing for take down, and some shorter handguards (that might be better for me also...). Weight and balance could probably be somewhat adjusted with barrel profile (sleeved barrel?) and handguard length.

I am interested in something that might clone my AR setup without being reliant on a 22 AR. Seems like some of them chug right along and some not so much, would rather have another version of the 10/22 we all know and love.

ETA: MI also has this nifty little item, the SIG Romeo 5 would seem to be a good companion.
    https://www.midwestindustriesinc.com...i-1022-t1m.htm
    Last edited by mmc45414; 07-16-2022 at 09:09 AM.

Hera Arms just released a new polymer based chassis type 10/22 stock that appeals to me - I may see what I have laying around that would work well in one of them.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Been a While...

For some reason I am not all that enamored by a AR in .22, but this seems like a cool compromise. I need to get caught from buying the hole in the water I have been pouring money into, but after that, maybe...
    The picture I posted is Midwest Industries.
    I am interested in something that might clone my AR setup without being reliant on a 22 AR. Seems like some of them chug right along and some not so much, would rather have another version of the 10/22 we all know and love.
    So I did take the plunge, back in November of twenty and twenty-two. I have been meaning to post about it, as soon as I got it setup the way I want it...
    Have the Vid again, so the thousand points of light may have come together this weekend.
    The process involved first shooting it enough to make sure it wasn't a bad idea, then tweak it out the way I wanted. The basics:

• BRN22 Receiver
    • Midwest Industries chassis
    • Faxon Barrel
    • Can't remember the bolt I bought...
    • Magpul Stock, Grip, VFG, MBUS, cheek riser
    • Trijicon MRO
    • Midwest Industries low QR MRO mount
    • EGW Scope Rail (that I had to clearance for the handguard)

Crappy picture:

Name:  MMc BRN MI 22 032424.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  29.7 KB

Part of the reason I bought this is because I think I need more offhand carbine practice. Most of my carbine shooting is at multigun matches, and it is difficult to develop a sense for how quickly you can shoot when it is in a match. My plan is to take this thing every time I go do pistol practice and crank off 100-150 22LR while I am there (though we may be finally, after fifty years, losing access to our weekly private area...).

Some of the configuration resulted from stuff I had, or had intended for another use. The MI MRO mount was planned for my M590, but it ended up needing the highest SGA cheekpiece and was just too different from all of my other shotguns I abandoned that idea. I originally went with a MI M-Loc Aimpoint micro mount with a Romeo5, but it was too low to do what I wanted, mainly emulating an AR.

I have a factory Ruger stainless in a Hogue with just Williams fiber optic peeps on it, and it is very nice.
    The sights do not really co-witness, but I decided since I have the QR base on the optic I can remove it when I want to get some peep sight training, er I mean fun (I should know I cannot BS this crowd) so I but the backup sights on. Plus they were also available in grey, so I couldn't resist it since they match the other stuff.
    Also I am trying to truncate things and adding the peeps onto the tactic-cool 10/22 could make the stainless gun available for sale.

At this point I would say the fun gun is done. Maybe. Maybe not....

User Tag List