Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rifles built on non-Ruger, aftermarket 10/22 receivers.

I'm interested in where this thread goes. While searching my shop for something else, I found a Ruger receiver that I bought a few years ago.
    I'm at 3 Ruger 22's and a CZ 455 now. Guess I need to burn down the CC over at Coolguy's.
    How can you govern a country which has two hundred and forty-six varieties of cheese?

Charles de Gaulle

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    No specific intent, other than an accurate range toy.

So far, it looks like the typical program is, buy this expensive part, that expensive part, those expensive parts, and have a modicum of skill while putting them together to not f the whole thing up, and then set about testing a bunch of ammunition, including the premium stuff, to find what it likes best. You will probably end up with a semi-auto that's almost as accurate as an off the shelf bolt gun that cost half as much.

Am I getting close?
    Pretty much. My builds are generally a “passion and fun of the rimfire” thing so I usually pick up gently used off RFC or eBay, the clearance section of VQ or the sale page of a couple other vendors.

One thing I do want to splurge on someday is having a barrel and receiver threaded by someone like Randy at CPC.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by CleverNickname View Post
    I SBR'ed a Kidd receiver awhile back. I figured I might as well do as nice a receiver as I could since I'll be stuck with it. No complaints. The Enoch Deep Six chassis and Midwest Industries folding stock are the third or fourth stock I've had for it, and I think I'm finally happy with this one.

Attachment 90733
    The rules state you can't go posting up a rifle like that and not provide a detailed build/spec list...

Just saying.

If you don't mind, would like to see the specifics on that extra cool SBR.

I’ve done a few 10/22 builds over the years, one of which (on a Tactical Machining upper) still needs to be finished. I’ve always enjoyed how you can make a 10/22 into just about anything. One of my favorites is a lightweight with a 16” tapered fluted barrel and a RDS in a Hogue stock - it’s so tossable that it’s silly.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by tango-papa View Post
    The rules state you can't go posting up a rifle like that and not provide a detailed build/spec list...

Just saying.

If you don't mind, would like to see the specifics on that extra cool SBR.
    Kidd receiver, bolt, charging handle, 3lb single-stage trigger & 10" barrel
    Enoch Deep Six chassis
    Midwest Industries folding stock
    Magpul MOE K2 grip
    YHM Wraith silencer
    Vortex Crossfire red dot

Quote Originally Posted by CleverNickname View Post
    Kidd receiver, bolt, charging handle, 3lb single-stage trigger & 10" barrel
    Enoch Deep Six chassis
    Midwest Industries folding stock
    Magpul MOE K2 grip
    YHM Wraith silencer
    Vortex Crossfire red dot
    Thanks, that's a really nice list of components.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    One of my favorites is a lightweight with a 16” tapered fluted barrel and a RDS in a Hogue stock - it’s so tossable that it’s silly.
    I have a factory Ruger stainless in a Hogue with just Williams fiber optic peeps on it, and it is very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    So far, it looks like the typical program is, buy this expensive part, that expensive part, those expensive parts, and have a modicum of skill while putting them together to not f the whole thing up, and then set about testing a bunch of ammunition, including the premium stuff, to find what it likes best. You will probably end up with a semi-auto that's almost as accurate as an off the shelf bolt gun that cost half as much.
    I place some value on not buying all of the expensive things at the same time. If I never do a spreadsheet I will never really know/remember how much I spent/blew.

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Oh yeah. It’s like the AR and 1911 rabbit holes had a love child. A buddy says 10/22 builds are the quickest way to spend $1K on a $300 rifle.
    Well, since LaRue just shipped my handguard I will soon have all of the ARs exactly the way I want them, soooooo

I have had this picture floating around for a few months:

Name:  MI-1022-FC13-4.jpg
Views: 245
Size:  17.8 KB

For some reason I am not all that enamored by a AR in .22, but this seems like a cool compromise. I need to get caught from buying the hole in the water I have been pouring money into, but after that, maybe...

Who makes that 10/22 chassis?

Quote Originally Posted by Pnut View Post
    Who makes that 10/22 chassis?
    The picture I posted is Midwest Industries.

https://www.midwestindustriesinc.com...-1022-fc13.htm

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post

I have had this picture floating around for a few months:

Name:  MI-1022-FC13-4.jpg
Views: 245
Size:  17.8 KB
    That reminds me, I don’t have a tacticool 10/22 right now…
    Name:  1ED21654-2D65-4516-B3B9-A35B0BCBBC1E.jpeg
Views: 196
Size:  64.3 KB
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

User Tag List