Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Any thoughts on LW 1911 9mm

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    Another option, especially if you do Kydex, is a holster that holds the thumb safety in the ON position.
    That’s a good point, and I’m sure it’s something @Tony Mayer can offer in my preferred OWB2 and an IWB, too. Hmmm. I’ve already been idly considering a Staccato C, maybe it’s time to sell a few things and compare one against an X9.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    That’s a good point, and I’m sure it’s something @Tony Mayer can offer in my preferred OWB2 and an IWB, too. Hmmm. I’ve already been idly considering a Staccato C, maybe it’s time to sell a few things and compare one against an X9.
    Yes, he can. I was disappointed that my holster did not come that way (it's not standard, and needs to be requested - important FYI). He offered to modify it some time back, but just lost track of it. It's something I should really do at some point. Not to Jinx myself, but I've never unholstered the gun and found the safety in the off position. That means 1, I'm diligent about ensuring it's applied, and 2, the full sweat shield provides enough coverage to ensure it does not get swiped off. (I do have a single sided safety).

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    The grip feels good to me, but admittedly it feels and shoots different than a 1911 or 2011. That said, I've learned that grip comfort can be overrated. Long story short, I bought a Shadow 2 and hated the way it felt in my hand (even gave me a blister). Was set to sell or trade, but decided I need to shoot at least one match before I sold it. Now I have 2 and will likely have a 3rd some time soon. Gun still doesn't fit like a glove, but some of those less than comfort angles seem to make the gun track better... for me, YMMV.

Admittedly, I'd like to see some other grip options for the EDC X9.

Since I didn't elaborate earlier, EDC X9 improvements, IMO.

1. No Grip Safety!!!!!
    2. No grip screws or grip bushings to come loose.
    3. Fixed plunger tube (also true on 2011 and a few 1911s)
    4. Simple slide / barrel take down. No need for paper clips, bushing wrenches, Allen keys, etc.
    5. Sized appropriately for 9mm (instead of 9mm in a .45 size frame).
    6. Quality 9mm specific magazines. No magazine spacers, or extra room for the rounds to slide back and forth.
    7. Easy front sight replacement, like a GLOCK (would have been even better if it used actual GLOCK sights). (Admittedly, this may be a con for some)
    8. No grip safety (this needed to be mentioned more than once )
    At some point if I ever change my competition pistol to something more upright I’ll carry this.

Name:  9359EE74-89CF-4632-B130-3D0821BCD6E8.jpg
Views: 491
Size:  102.6 KB

Site Supporter
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=odbb8IrROz4. @ 8:20

You heard it here, folks, 9mm can officially be more reliable than a .45 in a 1911!! (Just dropping this grenade and ducking) Bill Wilson said it and Ken Hackathorn seconded!!

I am looking for another 9mm LW 1911, too. I am looking for a commander size Dan Wesson Vigil or Valkyrie. Because they are discontinued, some people think they are worth more than when they were new. I am in no hurry, though. I think the Ronin is the other good option. I like these because they have a ramped barrel which is suppose to help with reliability with the short length of the 9mm cartridge.

Always between two major rivers that begin with the letter "M."
    There was not much to dislike about this RO Compact Elite, and it should have gotten a lot more more use than it did. It functioned way above its price point.

We hit the 9mm 1911s hard for a couple of years and had better luck with our Springers than some folks.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    gn

"On the internet, nobody knows if you are a dog... or even a cat."

I've been pretty happy with my Colt WC Commander- after a bit of initial tweaking, of course.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Bump... Dan wesson guardian still catches my eye but I heard their customer service has gone to poop after cz bought them

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    Bump... Dan wesson guardian still catches my eye but I heard their customer service has gone to poop after cz bought them
    You mean after Colt bought them ?

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    You mean after Colt bought them ?
    Oh, maybe that was it lol

User Tag List