Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Any thoughts on LW 1911 9mm

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    I've seen cracked .45 1911s, so I'm pretty sure 9mm will crack them as well.

Despite some of the posts in this thread, all firearms have a finite life. There is no "forever gun" unless it's shot very little.
    In my experience, people that ponder 1911 aluminum frame durability won’t shoot the gun enough for it to become an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    I've seen cracked .45 1911s, so I'm pretty sure 9mm will crack them as well.

Despite some of the posts in this thread, all firearms have a finite life. There is no "forever gun" unless it's shot very little.
    Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    Sometimes I encounter new shooters that are shopping with durability as a key criteria and I mention that any typical modern pistol should easily last for $7k-$10k worth of ammunition and that puts things in a different perspective for them.
    This has become my take on the issue. You'll spend more $ on ammo than the cost of the gun by the time that it happens.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    This has become my take on the issue. You'll spend more $ on ammo than the cost of the gun by the time that it happens.
    This is my thinking. I just want a reasonable service life.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

User Tag List