Thread: Need Holster for G19MOS Acro P2 + SF 300V

Need Holster for G19MOS Acro P2 + SF 300V

I set up a G19MOS with a new acro P2 and a sf 300v vampire for night vision work. I'm stumped on what holster to get. Will go on a LARPing war belt.

I am reading safariland might not be super high quality anymore.

I read Blackhawk T2 is good so I looked on there. Seems like BH is of the mindset nobody uses surefire anymore and everyone is using streamlights. Which maybe that's true? I don't follow trends closely.

I assume my 300V won't work in a streamlight BH T2 holster because BH specifically calls out the SF300 models. Although it seems like they offer 10 different stream light holsters for every 1 SF. Why?

So then I found two T2s that seem to meet my needs. An L2D and an L3D for level 2 or 3 retention. RDS which doesn't list acro as a compatable RDS. I guess everyone is running holosun and streamlights now? Or at least all of BH's customers?

But I think the acro will fit, I saw a thread here that suggested the level 3 retention won't close well if using he acro. No problem, I'll get the level 2 retention model, I'm just a civilian anyway.

AND it's been out of stock for months. They only have the L3D version which may or may not fit with the acro p2. So I have this sweet new gun for months that I havnt shot other than to zero because no holster. Feels bad man.

I figured I'd post here and ask for advice on what to get or what to do. Maybe there's a retailer that I missed who has them.

I'd also love a tan one like the FBI is issued but I guess those come in streamlight only because I guess no one uses surefire anymore. Not even the FBI.

I'm completely fine with zero retention, a pure kydex holster as long as it's heavy duty and as durable as the T2 is. My LARPing requirements are more about being heavy duty than needing to retain from an attacker trying to grab it out of my holster. That's not in my threat model. I'm also really concerned about the holster being protective of the acro. If I fall or get hit or something on the holster, I want the acro to be as reasonably protected as possible. So no open front competition style holsters please.

Thanks for any advice.

Plugging your setup into the Safariland Holster Finder shows numerous holsters available at several levels of retention.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanch View Post
    I set up a G19MOS with a new acro P2 and a sf 300v vampire for night vision work. I'm stumped on what holster to get. Will go on a LARPing war belt.

I am reading safariland might not be super high quality anymore.

I read Blackhawk T2 is good so I looked on there. Seems like BH is of the mindset nobody uses surefire anymore and everyone is using streamlights. Which maybe that's true? I don't follow trends closely.

I assume my 300V won't work in a streamlight BH T2 holster because BH specifically calls out the SF300 models. Although it seems like they offer 10 different stream light holsters for every 1 SF. Why?

So then I found two T2s that seem to meet my needs. An L2D and an L3D for level 2 or 3 retention. RDS which doesn't list acro as a compatable RDS. I guess everyone is running holosun and streamlights now? Or at least all of BH's customers?

But I think the acro will fit, I saw a thread here that suggested the level 3 retention won't close well if using he acro. No problem, I'll get the level 2 retention model, I'm just a civilian anyway.

AND it's been out of stock for months. They only have the L3D version which may or may not fit with the acro p2. So I have this sweet new gun for months that I havnt shot other than to zero because no holster. Feels bad man.

I figured I'd post here and ask for advice on what to get or what to do. Maybe there's a retailer that I missed who has them.

I'd also love a tan one like the FBI is issued but I guess those come in streamlight only because I guess no one uses surefire anymore. Not even the FBI.

I'm completely fine with zero retention, a pure kydex holster as long as it's heavy duty and as durable as the T2 is. My LARPing requirements are more about being heavy duty than needing to retain from an attacker trying to grab it out of my holster. That's not in my threat model. I'm also really concerned about the holster being protective of the acro. If I fall or get hit or something on the holster, I want the acro to be as reasonably protected as possible. So no open front competition style holsters please.

Thanks for any advice.
    Dealing with the "Alice in Wonderland" this is today's Safariland is frustrating for sure. ANY Safariland that has "RDS" in the product code suffix area will handle ACRO. The "cheeto guard" snap up hood won't fully close, but isn't needed. The latest 7000 series holsters have two guards so that all PMOs are covered if desired. If you don't need retention on your war belt, why not just order a Comp-Tac OWB (https://www.comp-tac.com/international-neutral-colors) and be done with it?
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    Dealing with the "Alice in Wonderland" this is today's Safariland is frustrating for sure. ANY Safariland that has "RDS" in the product code suffix area will handle ACRO. The "cheeto guard" snap up hood won't fully close, but isn't needed.
    I guess I don't understand the consequences of it not fully closing. I've read here that's the case and it sounds bad. But maybe it's not a big deal? What does it actually mean? Does it rattle? Does it slow the draw? Does it result in a potential snag hazard? Does it make reholsterimg harder?

The latest 7000 series holsters have two guards so that all PMOs are covered if desired. If you don't need retention on your war belt, why not just order a Comp-Tac OWB (https://www.comp-tac.com/international-neutral-colors) and be done with it?
    Seems like a bad idea to have a holster where the acro is not covered at all, and when I go prone will potentially get destroyed in the process. I assume these open top slide holsters are for competition only.
    Last edited by Sanch; 06-28-2022 at 10:58 AM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanch View Post
    I guess I don't understand the consequences of it not fully closing. I've here that's the case and it sounds terrible. But maybe it's not a big deal? What does it actually mean? Does it rattle? Does it slow the draw? Does it result in a potential snag hazard?

Seems like a bad idea to have a holster where the acro is not covered at all, and when I go prone will potentially get destroyed in the process. I assume these open top slide holsters are for competition only.
    Closed hoods are to hopefully keep open emitter optics working when it's raining, snowing or "dusting". They're not needed for closed emitter optics. The covers aren't a rattle issue and don't slow the draw to any extent. No snag hazard. And, on the 7000 series you can have a hood that closes on ACRO. I've seen lots of holstered ACROs in Safariland holsters with the hood completely removed and the world continued to turn. :-)

If you plan on crashing into the deck, more protection may be useful, but the drop testing that's been done on the optic hasn't produced failures to any significant extent. The Comp-Tacs get used in lots of applications besides competition.
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

If you plan on crashing into the deck, more protection may be useful, but the drop testing that's been done on the optic hasn't produced failures to any significant extent. The Comp-Tacs get used in lots of applications besides competition.
    You are our aimpoint expert so I'll trust your judgement. But I think GJM posted breaking his sacrificial acro lens during reholstering. So I imagine crashing into the deck could potentially smash a lens if the acro has nothing around it.

It seems like a terrific idea to have a small amount of plastic around the acro when it's holstered and perhaps the only drawback is the manufacturing cost. Because now you have a SKU that is limited to a single optic. Otherwise the footprint it takes up is minimal as is the extra weight.

As Wayne has said a couple of times already, the Safariland 7000 series holsters come with an RDS cover/hood that works with the ACRO. You just have to remove the smaller cover/hood and install the ACRO compatible one in its place. It’s simply pulling the smaller one out of its little slot and snapping the larger one in. I have a recent production 7365 so I know they come with multiple plastic covers/hoods.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    As Wayne has said a couple of times already, the Safariland 7000 series holsters come with an RDS cover/hood that works with the ACRO. You just have to remove the smaller cover/hood and install the ACRO compatible one in its place. It’s simply pulling the smaller one out of its little slot and snapping the larger one in. I have a recent production 7365 so I know they come with multiple plastic covers/hoods.
    Oh wow! That sounds perfect, thank you! It wasn't clear to me that the hoods/covers were configurable. It just sounded like they didn't properly fit the acro.

I don't know if this is what you are looking for, but possibly another option other than Safariland

Garrett https://www.giholsters.com/product-p/hst1050.htm

User Tag List