Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Radom VIS-100 (the new Polish army pistol)

I have no thoughts whatsoever on how the gun runs or anything like that, but it certainly is ugly.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    I'd vote for national pride. Plus developing and employing nationals. There's political hay to be made there, on multiple levels.

Best, Jon
    Agreed. Now I would just love to know what their thought process was for TDA? Not that I’m complaining, just is going against the grain.

Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    I have no thoughts whatsoever on how the gun runs or anything like that, but it certainly is ugly.
    OK, there might be some Glock DNA in there too.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    Agreed. Now I would just love to know what their thought process was for TDA? Not that I’m complaining, just is going against the grain.
    Yeah, it's a good question. I think the P99s the Polish use are what we'd call PPQs--not DA/SA. The WIST-94 was also striker-fired/polymer framed. Though it, apparently, had reliability issues. Maybe that experience made them want to revert to something more... established?

All that said... DA/SA is still a proven way to carry a round in the chamber safely. Maybe it's as simple as that? Though I was under the impression that most militaries carry handguns with empty chambers. I dunno.
    For astute purveyors of pew: hipstertactical.com

Another Radom to add to the collection I guess

Name:  IMG_0720-small.jpg
Views: 192
Size:  102.1 KB

Although, the new one, I would actually take to the range and shoot! Being half Polish as well, I kind of want one for...reasons

Radom has a cool history. While under Nazi occupation, they apparently found a way to make guns for the resistance by making two guns for each serial number.

User Tag List