Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Radom VIS-100 (the new Polish army pistol)

Site Supporter

FB Radom VIS-100 (the new Polish army pistol)

Apparently there’s been plans to import these (to the USA) for a while: https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...mm-pistol/amp/

A few sites even have product pages up. I didn’t even know the thing existed until about an hour ago. Apparently it’s loosely related to the Radom MAG 95/98, which, for whatever reason, wasn’t adopted over the generally inferior WIST 94.

I mean… yeah… I suppose it ain’t gonna do anything a Beretta 92 can’t do. But the prospect of a nicely built, reliable all-metal DA/SA service pistol intrigues me.

Anyone know anything about these?
    Last edited by MattyD380; 06-27-2022 at 11:48 PM.

Looks similar to the Bersa TPR9 series.

Sent from my SM-A125U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    I mean… yeah… I suppose it ain’t gonna do anything a Beretta 92 can’t do. But the prospect of a nicely built, reliable all-metal DA/SA service pistol intrigues me.
    Hammer fired, TDA, ambidextrous, and optics ready. Spare parts should be available outside of the US. Color me interested.

Bloody ugly looking thing, though.
    IDPA SSP classification: Sharpshooter
    F.A.S.T. classification: Intermediate

Vending Machine Operator
    FB Radom makes a nice AK, right? Plus WBP also does, I've been looking at the Fox in red wood. Aesthetically I'm not sure this pistol my cup of tea but I bet it works, the Polish military seems pretty dialed in.

Though I confess to some degree of befuddlement that a modern NATO military wouldn't just use the Glock 17 or Sig M17/P320. U.S./U.K. militaries in particular have spent so much money field testing those options, and it's a turnkey, off-the-shelf choice you can probably get for cheap as hell with a government bulk order. Heck, include the Sig SP20222 in that pile for well-proven government bulk order options, I don't think France has had a single consistent documented issue with those. I love mine.

I suppose keeping the native production lines competent is a good reason, and Ukraine has shown us that despite the good intentions of the world, you can't rely on anyone more than your own people when things really hit the fan.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Devil's in the details. Is the design complicated with a lot of delicate small parts, or elegant and simple like the CZ P-07/09?

I already don't like the location of the decocker. It's right where the top of my support hand grip goes.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I already don't like the location of the decocker. It's right where the top of my support hand grip goes.
    Yeah, that's even more thumb-blister inducing than the USP's control lever.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Site Supporter
    I kinda like the look of it, actually. Yeah, it's not classically handsome. But in a "quasi futuristic/post-industrial heavy metal" kinda way... I think it's cool. The extendo mags do offend me, though. But I think I read that you can switch out the bases so they're flush.

Regardless, I like the idea of a pistol that's designed for military use. Seems like reliability would be more or less inherent to the design; there seems to have been a lot of vetting and iterating that took place with this platform (if you can call it that), dating back to the early 90s with the MAG-95.

Not that I need something like this. But... a nice solid pistol is a nice solid pistol.

Here's a decent overview of the gun in English (though he does say "ambidextreeous") before they renamed it and restyled it : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lTxQDXgXIw
    Last edited by MattyD380; 06-28-2022 at 11:37 AM.

Poland has a long history of manufacturing pistols for their military, starting with the Vis 35. They're usually quite well made, and are amalgamations of features from other leading guns of their era.

While the VIS 100 looks well thought out and interesting, for me it doesn't appear to fill any nich not fulfulled by my HK P30L Beretta 92, or, for that matter, Ruger P89....

The recoil guide rod assembly with recoil buffer piece is very HK.

Best, Jon

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    As a Chrunchinticker devote I like it. Kind of looks like the Serbian SIG knock off with some H&K thrown in. I find it interesting that they went and designed a TDA in this day and age? I'm also curious as to why they felt it worth the expense to develop their own new pistol when the market is completely flush well well established and engineered designs. I can only guess national pride?

I'd vote for national pride. Plus developing and employing nationals. There's political hay to be made there, on multiple levels.

Best, Jon

User Tag List