Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NYT: At Least 46 Migrants Found Dead in San Antonio

Quote Originally Posted by CraigS View Post
    How long until they are out of jail?
    The fed side is actually pretty decent at keeping people in jail in situations like this. As mentioned previously, alien smuggling resulting in death is a possible death penalty offense. Combined with any unlawful presence in the United States and the judge would be unlikely to release them pending trial due to the flight risk. Never say never, but I’d actually be surprised if anyone charged with the actual smuggling event gets cut loose.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Wobbly, that is good to know. I sure hope it stays this way for these scum.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    How did the truck get across the border without being opened and inspected? Seems that would be a routine check.
    When I owned a trucking company, I had trailers go over the border all the time and only had a seal cut once for an inspection (it was a load of tile flooring which had some naturally occurring radiation setting off warning bells). Laredo alone has something like 7,000 truck crossings each day (and many more by rail) so there's no way they can check every load.

Our drivers didn't go into Mexico (our trailers were handed off to locals), but coming back from Canada they'd probably get delayed maybe 5% of the time and pulled aside to drive through a giant X-ray machine.

So far I haven't read where or when those unfortunate illegals were loaded into that truck.

I think just about anything is possible given what just happened at that elementary school in Uvalde.

Once across the border I doubt that truck would have been searched at a check point 30 miles north of the border. I saw plenty of RV's and commercial vehicles going through with nothing more than a few questions. They all had US license plates.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Site Supporter
    I feel bad for briefly thinking "maybe if enough die, they'll stop coming".
    I certainly don't wish that on anyone seeking a better life here, even if their means are not legal.
    It's awful to think that this might be the best deterrent we have until January 2025. Embarrassing and heartbreaking.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

So far I haven't read where or when those unfortunate illegals were loaded into that truck.

I think just about anything is possible given what just happened at that elementary school in Uvalde.

Once across the border I doubt that truck would have been searched at a check point 30 miles north of the border. I saw plenty of RV's and commercial vehicles going through with nothing more than a few questions. They all had US license plates.
    Anything is possible, but the safest thing is a rally point after crossing some other way and sneaking into the country. Then get packed into the cattle cars for the longer legs within the borders. We had people in TX screeching about Abbot keeping toilet paper off the shelves with this inspect trucks thing a while back, so don't expect a lot to be done on this. We seem to have about 1 of these higher profile events each year, especially during hot summers. It sucks and I feel for the folks on that pay the price.

Simultaneously I place the blame for this and the other horrible things that happen to folks sneaking into the country on our federal leadership. The screech like Karen with IcyHot on her battery operated boyfriend, but do nothing. This country is in serious need of some immigration reform and immigration enforcement. We have hiring signs all across TX and I assume the nation. We should have temp agencies on the border recruiting decent folks who want to war and make things better of themselves and their families. Instead we enrich Cartels and do nothing to stop the criminal element from coming here and doing damage. Great job to both idiotic parties on that one.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigS View Post
    How long until they are out of jail?
    They aren’t.

The death toll is now up to 53.

So the driver is facing 53 counts of Alien smuggling resulting in death each of which is a death penalty offense.

The two subjects charged with firearms (Alien in possession) offenses are both illegal aliens with Immigration holds. In federal court in the Western District of Texas that makes them a presumed flight risk subject to remand.

Site Supporter

Laredo is the busiest land border port in the country for commercial trucks. That traffic normally corresponds to the volume of traffic coming through the checkpoint.

US license plates are not a factor one way or the other, especially with commercial vehicles. NAFTA is a thing here.

Looks like not all commercial trucks are inspected crossing the border from MX or even inspected at a check point inland.

https://www.texastribune.org/2022/06...s-checkpoints/
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Looks like not all commercial trucks were inspected crossing the border from MX or even inspected at a check point inland.

https://www.texastribune.org/2022/06...s-checkpoints/
    Right, because it would be practically impossible to inspect every commercial vehicle crossing through a port of entry without bringing the economy to a grinding halt.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

User Tag List