Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: BUIS and quick detach mounts

Quote Originally Posted by 4RNR View Post
    AimPoint.

They weren't brand new out of the box but they weren't that old either. One still running. The other I had checked and prepared for class the following day. Made sure it had new batteries and brought an extra as well. When I got to the range the next day it wouldn't turn on. Replaced the battery and still nothing. Had someone else give me a battery and same result. The last time it turned on was the last time it turned on. Luckily having irons I didn't have to turn around and spend another hour and half driving home for nothing.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    That’s crazy. I’m not at all an Aimpoint fan after having both a T1 and T2 but that’s more because of the amount of money for what you get. I haven’t heard many issues of them failing. I have broken a Razor 1-6 but between an RMR, a few Holsouns, several Vortex Crossfires and Sparc Solars, a P4Xi, a second 1-6 Razor, two 1-10 Razors, and a few different Eotechs, I haven’t had any other optics issues.

I’ve had way more problems with uppers (KAC, Geissele, and Noveske) now that I think about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    That’s crazy. I’m not at all an Aimpoint fan after having both a T1 and T2 but that’s more because of the amount of money for what you get. I haven’t heard many issues of them failing. I have broken a Razor 1-6 but between an RMR, a few Holsouns, several Vortex Crossfires and Sparc Solars, a P4Xi, a second 1-6 Razor, two 1-10 Razors, and a few different Eotechs, I haven’t had any other optics issues.

I’ve had way more problems with uppers (KAC, Geissele, and Noveske) now that I think about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mine are the cheaper versions. PRO and I forget what the one that broke was. It was older. PRO like but different name

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by dontshakepandas View Post
    What mount setup are you using to get a 12 o'clock ACRO? I want that.
    Spuhr SP-4024/3024 combined with A-0055 plates.

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    Spuhr SP-4024/3024 combined with A-0055 plates.
    Thanks. That would definitely make my gun heavier, but my wallet lighter.... seems like an even trade off right?

Do you find the ACRO on top of the already taller scope mount too high? I've only tried 1.5ish height mounts with the 12 o'clock RDS and I'm not sure I'd want to go any higher than that.

Quote Originally Posted by dontshakepandas View Post
    Do you find the ACRO on top of the already taller scope mount too high? I've only tried 1.5ish height mounts with the 12 o'clock RDS and I'm not sure I'd want to go any higher than that.
    It's definitely a chinweld, but to me, the primary use of it is to make my LPVO guns NODs capable without having to get a laser right away, and in that use case, it works fine. I've used the RMR in that same position before (like the RMRs, the P-1s were put on because I had replaced them on my P30LSes), and it was quite serviceable, even if it wasn't ideal.

I have folding BUIS’s on all but one gun, scopes are in LaRue and ADM QD mounts, red dot on one gun is in an ADM QD mount. The other gun has Daniel Defense fixed sights and a Sig Romeo 5 in a DD rock and lock mount, I can shoot the irons through the red dot if needed.

Am I gonna rip a scope off and default to irons in an emergency? Probably not but I do remove optics and shoot irons now and then just because. I also have a zeroed 1-4 in an ADM mount to go on my H2 sighted gun if I choose too. I tried the offset red dot and just didn’t like it.

QD mounts are a good thing.

User Tag List