Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Am I the only one...?

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I used to pour out the water in my shop sink years ago but then rethought that plan when I realized it couldn't be good for the septic. So I just take it outside and pour it near our drain field and wrap the old filter in plastic for disposal with our trash.

Yeah, I was going to do ours on Sunday, but even though Lowes is open and only 15 minutes away, I thought about worst case scenarios... and if I needed a plumber because something catastrophic occurred, it'd be better to do it during the week.

I keep a bunch of the appropriate o-rings on hand as well. I bought them at the same time that I figured out that there was something called a filter wrench, and that I didn't have to unscrew the canister by hand anymore.

Attachment 90714

Man, that thing needs to be mounted and plumbed correctly. Mine is mounted in a kitchen cabinet 42 inches off the floor, 1/4 turn with a bleeder on the inlet side. Takes me all of 4 minutes to change a filter.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Dane View Post
    Man, that thing needs to be mounted and plumbed correctly. Mine is mounted in a kitchen cabinet 42 inches off the floor, 1/4 turn with a bleeder on the inlet side. Takes me all of 4 minutes to change a filter.
    That's the way it was when I bought the house in 2003. I'll put up with it until I can't put up with it any longer. I'm not a plumbing hobbyist...
    There's nothing civil about this war.

That's the way it was when I bought the house in 2003. I'll put up with it until I can't put up with it any longer. I'm not a plumbing hobbyist...

Ive got the necessary tools do fix that, when/if you want. I am out of pocket this week but after that it depends on work schedule. Let me know...

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Dane View Post
    Ive got the necessary tools do fix that, when/if you want. I am out of pocket this week but after that it depends on work schedule. Let me know...
    I wouldn't think of imposing, F. It'll keep...and I'll take care of it sometime down the road when necessary. Thanks for the offer.

(We are not in anything nearing a McMansion.)
    Also not where it gets super cold.

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    Also not where it gets super cold.
    It gets cold enough for me. Generally about 9* is about as low as it gets in the winter...with a couple of feet of snow over the winter months.

I've spent enough time living in, and spending recreational time in cold, wintry conditions to not need it as a regular thing anymore.

We have a heat pump and a propane furnace...as well as three propane fireplaces. The fireplaces only get used if the power goes out...which it does regularly around here since it's mountains and forest. Trees are always falling on the power lines.

User Tag List