Thread: Bidding on Gun Broker.

Bidding on Gun Broker.

Out bid again on GB. I was looking at this fairly decent pre war 44 hand ejector on GB that started off at about $900. I saw it 2 hours before the auction ended so dropped a bid. As usual, there is always someone who's going to outbid you no matter what. A collector on the SW board bid on it so I know it was worth at least the starting bid. I bid a few hundred over that and it wasn't enough. Somebody just had to have it but that wasn't me.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

It is harder and harder for find any "sleeper" auctions on GB anymore. Especially if it is something collectable that one of the big consignment dealers is selling. They have a huge following tuning in every week to just see what they have to offer.

I've been buying on GB for a while. About the only auctions I seem to win nowadays are the ones with a high starting bid. If it is something I want and the starting price is in range of what I'm willing to pay, I'll bid a few dollars over the starting amount. Win about half of those. I find myself checking websites of several FFL dealers. I'd rather buy direct from them to avoid all the bidding nonsense.
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

User Tag List