Thread: Glock gen 5 spring replacement schedule

Glock gen 5 spring replacement schedule

Looking to see if i am replacing springs in my 19 gen 5 when they are do or if i am replacing early.
    RSA-5k
    Striker spring-5k
    Trigger spring-10 k (tough little bugger to get out)
    Slide stop-10k
    Safety plunger -10
    Extractor spring-whole unit-10k
    Mag release-15k
    That’s my schedule

Thoughts???

@Pensfan

ETA: hmmm. Do I have his username spelled wrong?

At a recent Armorer course, 5,000 rounds was mentioned for a scheduled replacement. That number, I believe came from the old single spring days. Depending on how that assembly is treated, I believe one could go higher, but that’s the number that is out there.
    Personally, I’m not sure why you’re changing the other springs in a GEN5. I’ve personally seen thousands of rounds through Glocks without changing the others. I would certainly have a spare or two, in particular the little slide lock spring, but I believe one could go to 10,000 and higher without worry.
    JMO, YMMV…

Edit to add: 15-20,000 for the others-again, my opinion. And I typically don’t screw around with the trigger spring assemblies. The old single coil was known to break occasionally.

I agree with the 5K RSA, I think the rest are not necessary at all.

I know that we aren't all made of money but if this is a carry gun, spring replacements should almost never happen.

If its a training gun, spring replacements should be limited really to the RSA. I believe that Glock has unofficially (or perhaps officially) said that the dual coil springs have double the life span of their single coil predecessors.

I've had some stupid high round count guns over the years and all that i've ever replaced have been recoil springs and striker springs when the trigger pull gets to be too light for my liking or light strikes start happening.

Don't stress about this stuff.

Get a carry gun and carry that. Shoot it every now and then.

Get a training gun and shoot the shit out of that.

Thanks, this is my training pistol

User Tag List