Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RFI - Suggestions for a new PCC

FWIW a CMMG with an A5 buffer tube and hydraulic buffer is extremely soft shooting. The downside of the CMMG is the need to be mindful of the ejector spring. The ejection angle is a leading indicator of the need to replace the spring (located in the bolt). My two SBR configuration CMMG use Endomags but I assume Glock would be preferred for USPSA.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by rdtompki View Post
    FWIW a CMMG with an A5 buffer tube and hydraulic buffer is extremely soft shooting. The downside of the CMMG is the need to be mindful of the ejector spring. The ejection angle is a leading indicator of the need to replace the spring (located in the bolt). My two SBR configuration CMMG use Endomags but I assume Glock would be preferred for USPSA.
    Can you give a little information about ejection angle as an indicator.
    Which ejector springs are you using?
    Any extractor notes?
    With liberty and justice for all...must be 18, void where prohibited, some restrictions may apply, not available in all states.

Quote Originally Posted by Bart Carter View Post
    Can you give a little information about ejection angle as an indicator.
    Which ejector springs are you using?
    Any extractor notes?
    It's been a while but I'll bring the rifle to the range on Saturday. As I recall the normal ejection angle is at 4 o'clock. When the cases start going forward the spring has weakened. CMMG recommends using one of their ejector springs which is apparently stouter than a standard AR spring, 1000 rounds +- is the life I've been told to expect. I've had no problem with the extractor and I don't believe the CMMG parts are anything special.

Would a Ruger PC Carbine work? Relatively inexpensive, a million versions, takes Ruger or Glock mags. Seems like a good option especially for a 'test the waters' gun. Any experiences w/ these?

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigS View Post
    Would a Ruger PC Carbine work? Relatively inexpensive, a million versions, takes Ruger or Glock mags. Seems like a good option especially for a 'test the waters' gun. Any experiences w/ these?
    Just a whole thread https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....er%92s-new-PCC

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    You got me there. I went to the thread hoping the most recent post would be months old so I would have an excuse for not remembering it. Crap there is a post from today.

Unfortunately, this is going to be put off for a bit. I’ve incurred some massive unexpected automobile expenses since I’ve posted this. I’ll still be reading this though and trying to educate myself to making the right choice for me.

Quote Originally Posted by CraigS View Post
    I did entertain going this route. However, I’d really like sticking with the AR pattern for familiarity purposes. Now I know I don’t do that on the pistol side, but my familiarity with pistols is at a level I won’t achieve on the rifle side.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    Unfortunately, this is going to be put off for a bit. I’ve incurred some massive unexpected automobile expenses since I’ve posted this. I’ll still be reading this though and trying to educate myself to making the right choice for me.

I did entertain going this route. However, I’d really like sticking with the AR pattern for familiarity purposes. Now I know I don’t do that on the pistol side, but my familiarity with pistols is at a level I won’t achieve on the rifle side.
    Main issue with it is you can't reach the mag release. Speed reloads aren't much of an issue outside of classifers, but it's one reason. The pistol grip one seems to run $7-800, if you do a trigger and any work...You'd save a few hundred bucks but but if you like AR pattern, a GMR-15 is 1750 or so, you can build AR pattern PCC's cheaper.

User Tag List