Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It was a good run, but my time on SWAT is over.

It was a good run, but my time on SWAT is over.

As of 1601 today, I hung up the Ranger green uniform and turned over command to a really capable Detective. Seems like only yesterday when I went on my first op. 19 years goes by quick. What an honor it was lead these men for the last 8 years. One of my former SWAT guys has gotten into wood working and the Team has this made for me.

Name:  0AAE2605-A81D-4BAC-98B0-046BC149FFAF.jpg
Views: 883
Size:  83.5 KB
    Name:  3F5BA54B-F591-4EDD-B5A4-9AA3A1124101.jpg
Views: 903
Size:  100.2 KB

It’s gonna look great on the office wall.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

That’s an awesome gift. 19 years is a good run. I had 15 years on SWAT and now I’m a former action guy.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Congrats, Lon, on a job well done.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Site Supporter
    Blessings to you and yours!

Buy yourself something nice.

If applicable, buy something nice for those who used to wait up for you on your call outs.

You have have had an extraordinary run.

What are you doing next?
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

Site Supporter
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    Blessings to you and yours!

Buy yourself something nice.

If applicable, buy something nice for those who used to wait up for you on your call outs.

You have have had an extraordinary run.

What are you doing next?
    Thanks guys.

My wife has been my rock. Never once complained in the 14 years we’ve been together. She and my daughter have been very understanding and that was one of the things on my mind when I decided to hang it up.

Monday I take over as Detective Sergeant over investigations. One of my dream jobs, actually. If I don’t try to get promoted again I’ll ride this one out until I decide to retire. As of Feb 28th of this year I can walk away any time I want to, but I still like being a cop. The last 6 months I was the Interim Commander at our local academy in addition to my Police Dept job. Thought I may want to retire to do that full time, but decided that wasn’t for me.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

That’s a hell of a good run. Congratulations.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Congrats, that’s a long time to wear the heavy vest.

The SWAT team is, without a doubt, what I miss the most after leaving my local department for a special agent job. I still get jealous when they get a call-out.

Site Supporter
    Good for you, brother. I know you'll miss SWAT, but the detective sergeant position is also important and fulfilling (though I suspect you'll still have those middle of your days off/middle of the night phone calls).

An impressive career by any standard. Those plaques are quite impressive, your team obviously thinks highly of you. Thank you for the service you provide, especially considering the difficulty of these times.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

User Tag List