Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It was a good run, but my time on SWAT is over.

Vending Machine Operator
    That's an awesome gift. I've had a fair number of bosses over the years, including a few I wouldn't have bothered signing a card for, so if your team went to that kind of effort they must think you're an alright sort.

Congratulations on an impressive career and thank you for handling the many hairy situations I am sure you have been in over the years.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Site Supporter
    Lon, you are in the 99th percentile of police officers in this nation. You have worked hard to maintain your status.

Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    That's an awesome gift. I've had a fair number of bosses over the years, including a few I wouldn't have bothered signing a card for, so if your team went to that kind of effort they must think you're an alright sort.
    I agree. Lon, if you had that much respect from your team, you did a great job.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    I agree. Lon, if you had that much respect from your team, you did a great job.
    Thanks, everyone. The Commander I replaced was one we all couldn’t wait to see go. He knew what he was doing, but his leadership style rubbed everyone, and I mean everyone, the wrong way. Was a good lesson for me since I took over the team before I got promoted to Sergeant.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    Thanks guys.

My wife has been my rock. Never once complained in the 14 years we’ve been together. She and my daughter have been very understanding and that was one of the things on my mind when I decided to hang it up.

Monday I take over as Detective Sergeant over investigations. One of my dream jobs, actually. If I don’t try to get promoted again I’ll ride this one out until I decide to retire. As of Feb 28th of this year I can walk away any time I want to, but I still like being a cop. The last 6 months I was the Interim Commander at our local academy in addition to my Police Dept job. Thought I may want to retire to do that full time, but decided that wasn’t for me.
    Up next, Command Staff!!

Quote Originally Posted by gtmtnbiker98 View Post
    Up next, Command Staff!!
    Maybe. It’ll be a couple years. We just restructured so no Command positions will be available for a couple years.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by gtmtnbiker98 View Post
    Up next, Command Staff!!
    Don't insult the man!

Site Supporter
    Congrats! I hope the newbies learned a lot from you!

pat

User Tag List