Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fridges

Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    No more Samsung refrigerators for me again. BTW there is a class action suit for the ice maker.

I Know about the class action but they made it complicated and my possible $7.31* of the settlement doesn't make it worth the effort.

* Guesstimation. I have been part of serval class action suits and the most I have ever seen was 15$ out of Ford's sparkplug debacle.

Heres an interesting article on refrigerator reliability. I think the best bet is to go to a local seller, not a big box, with a service department and talk with them. What is really depressing about the article, 7-10 year service life.

https://prudentreviews.com/reliable-...erator-brands/

ETA Be sure to click the Yale and other links within the article. Yale has a quite in depth blog on the services they see daily/yearly with a 35 person service dept and claim 800,000 views per year.
    Last edited by UNK; 06-27-2022 at 02:46 AM.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    Heres an interesting article on refrigerator reliability. I think the best bet is to go to a local seller, not a big box, with a service department and talk with them. What is really depressing about the article, 7-10 year service life.

https://prudentreviews.com/reliable-...erator-brands/

ETA Be sure to click the Yale and other links within the article. Yale has a quite in depth blog on the services they see daily/yearly with a 35 person service dept and claim 800,000 views per year.
    This is a treasure trove of good info, thanks for sharing.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Dane View Post
    Samsung can suck the north end of a south bound mule! In the last 2 years, on a 5 year old fridge, I have replaced the back panel that holds the fan and temp sensors 3 times and the ice maker constantly freezes up, a known problem by corporate with complicated steps to resolve the problem. I am shopping for a new one to proactively replace that POS before the back panel goes out and ruins a bunch of food again.

My top contenders, in no particular order; GE, Whirlpool, Frigidaire, and Maytag to stay with in a reasonable price.
    Based on our Samsung fridge experience, if I ever buy another Samsung appliance my wife will kill me in the middle of the night with the butcher’s knife that she loves for me to keep razor sharp, cut me up into pieces, stuff me into said Samsung, and have the garbage service haul us off.

There are exactly two kinds of products Samsung makes well:

1. Smartphones
    2. Solid state drives

Everything else they make appears to be junk based on my experience and the experiences of my friends and relatives.

After a bunch of research and recommendations I just bought a Bosch 500 series French door refrigerator…I like the layout and they get excellent reviews. I have one of their dishwashers being delivered in a week as well. Quality stuff.

User Tag List