Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What Agencies Are Using The Beretta 1301-T

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by John Hearne View Post
    I'd offer that the Remington Model 11 was the first "clued in guy" semi-automatic shotgun. We're just now rediscovering the value of an utterly reliable semi-automatic shotgun.
    Yeah, I think so too...

I have an hierloom A5 that I desperately want to SBS, but then again, heirloom, family history, family arguments over inheriting...

The long recoil Browning design needs to be revived.

pat

We don’t issue shotguns but have several personally owned 1301s approved for duty use.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by UNM1136 View Post
    Yeah, I think so too...

I have an hierloom A5 that I desperately want to SBS, but then again, heirloom, family history, family arguments over inheriting...

The long recoil Browning design needs to be revived.

pat
    I have my dad’s Model 11, and while I’m fond of it, modern gas guns are simply better guns.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Blackburn View Post
    Wasn't widely adopted by the civilian defensive shotgun community because they weren't as reliable with lighter loads often used in the private sector training market.
    The Benelli 121 and M1 are as prolific as their price allowed them to be.

I’ve been running a Benelli M1 since 1988 and have not experienced these “lighter load” issues you describe.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    I’ve been running a Benelli M1 since 1988 and have not experienced these “lighter load” issues you describe.
    You probably didn't suffer from Glock Brass To Face either, did you?

There's a clue there somewhere......
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Lehr View Post
    You probably didn't suffer from Glock Brass To Face either, did you?

There's a clue there somewhere......
    I have experienced Glock BTF but only with one particular example.

I have an additional 26” vent rib barrel for that M1 so it’s seen a lot more light loads than most tactical / defense guns.

I have a 1301T and if I had to pick a shotgun to issue to cops the 1301 would be it.

However, IME I don’t think issuing shotguns to everyone is worth the time and effort required to achieve and maintain actual proficiency vs carbines. Non-shooter cops whose primary duty weapon is a semi auto pistol just seem to understand” take to “carbines that work like the pistols they are most familiar with. In my experience for most officers every quarter was Groundhog Day when it came time to shoot a shotgun.

I like @Erick Gelhaus idea of investing the time only for those who show interest
    Last edited by HCM; 06-26-2022 at 10:11 PM.

Site Supporter
    I have my dad’s Model 11, and while I’m fond of it, modern gas guns are simply better guns.
    My modern gas gun experience is limited to qualing a handful of times with an 1187 about 15-20 years ago. The powers that be traded 1187s with nice tritium ghost rings for a dozen 590s with brass beads.

PODA 590 with tritium ghost rings since then.

I defer to your judgement, but really, really, really want to think my great grand dad's A5 can do anything I need done...

I really want a 1301 to play and work with, but I don't see it happening any time soon.

pat

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by UNM1136 View Post
    My modern gas gun experience is limited to qualing a handful of times with an 1187 about 15-20 years ago. The powers that be traded 1187s with nice tritium ghost rings for a dozen 590s with brass beads.

PODA 590 with tritium ghost rings since then.

I defer to your judgement, but really, really, really want to think my great grand dad's A5 can do anything I need done...

I really want a 1301 to play and work with, but I don't see it happening any time soon.

pat
    I don’t really consider the 1187 to be that modern. I’m thinking more guns like the Beretta A400, which is what the 1301 is based on.,

If someone brought back a browning long recoil gun it wouldn’t be the equal of your grandfathers A5.

A 1911 or a cult or Smith and Wesson double action revolver of the same vintage as your grandfathers A5 could probably do what you actually need but there are simpler and more efficient ways to get there now for both sporting and serious purposes.

All the issues with the model 11/A5 system described up thread still apply.

Site Supporter
    I don’t really consider the 1187 to be that modern. I’m thinking more guns like the Beretta A400, which is what the 1301 is based on.,

If someone brought back a browning long recoil gun it wouldn’t be the equal of your grandfathers A5.

A 1911 or a cult or Smith and Wesson double action revolver of the same vintage as your grandfathers A5 could probably do what you actually need but there are simpler and more efficient ways to get there now for both sporting and serious purposes.

All the issues with the model 11/A5 system described up thread still apply.
    No argument. Wants. Dreams.

pat

Didn't HK originally import the Benelli defensive shotguns.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List