Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What Agencies Are Using The Beretta 1301-T

What Agencies Are Using The Beretta 1301-T

We know the IRS CID is using the 1301...

What other federal or state agencies are using them?
    Are you loyal to the constitution or the “institution”?

Pennsylvania Game Commission

Site Supporter
    Alabama DPS was an early adopter.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...-tactical/amp/

Keep in mind Most LE agencies are moving away from shotguns as a lethal long gun in favor of rifles.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    They were pretty slow in pushing them out (probably slow in receiving the total order).

I went from a municipal agency to the State in 2008 (ABC Board Enforcement Div.)...the Board issued us 14" 1187P's. In 2015 the State consolidated several separate LE agencies (Alcohol Beverage Control Board. Marine Police, Capital Police, DPS) under one umbrella as the Alabama Law Enforcement Agency...I transferred to DPS/Highway Patrol and kept the Remington and my AR. At that time, Troopers were all shotgun/some AR.

There was a new Trooper class in the academy about the same time I transferred into HP (I attended some refresher courses with them at the academy...radar, crash investigations, EVOC) and I think they were the first ones to start getting the 1301's. I was assigned to FTO again car for a month or so and my partner still had a clapped out Winchester 1300 that I think he was issued when he started in the early 90's. I retired from the Troopers (and full-time LE) in Dec. 2018, and at my last range session they were still transitioning guys from 1300's to the Beretta.

Site Supporter
    We would approve them as Privately Owned-Duty Authorized.

But we traded our 1187Ps for bead sighted Mossy 590s a long, long time ago.

pat

Site Supporter
    As does my agency.
    "Knowledge is good." Emil Faber, date unknown.

My agency is entertaining the idea as an authorized private purchase.
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    The shotgun is becoming the clued in guy's weapon of choice, carried largely by those inside a department who care enough to get their personal selection authorized.

A fair number of 1301's are in patrol cars for that reason.

When I did armorer's training on the 1301, everyone else in the class was there from fairly large agencies spanning the country who sent people because they were buying 1301 Tactical shotguns. I don't remember all of them now, but a couple were large agencies in Illinois.
    3/15/2016

The 1301 is really the first semi auto to be widely adopted by the defensive shotgun community. The reliability is what really set it apart.

Almost a decade since it was first introduced, the aftermarket support for the necessary accessaries...optics, lights, slings, etc. is pretty well established.
    Are you loyal to the constitution or the “institution”?

I guess you can add my agency to the list since we have authorized it as a personally owned weapon.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

User Tag List