Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 24

Thread: USPSA Nationals Leaves Colorado

  1. #11
    Site Supporter CleverNickname's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    TX
    Quote Originally Posted by Norville View Post
    Or attest that you have owned them continuously since prior to the enactment of the law.

    Probably easier to just move the venue.
    Not all competitors will have possessed such mags prior to 2013 (they weren't old enough, weren't into firearms before then, didn't get their current gun before then, whatever). Since not everyone can legally have 15+ round magazines it's a competitive equity problem. This was literally the exact reason why rule 3.3.1 was put in place. It probably would have been easier if USPSA had said 3.3.1 was applicable when it was announced that Nationals was being held in Colorado. I'm guessing that they didn't because that would probably dampen the enthusiasm some potential attendees would have about attending the match. Or maybe hold Prod/L10/Single Stack/Revolver Nationals at Cameo and the other divisions someplace else.

    But the USPSA BoD seems to revel in making stupid decisions, so this is all rather unsurprising.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    IDPA is stuck in Colorado this year but will bail out in 2023.

    https://www.idpa.com/update-from-joy...JrLBzjL897snsw
    Why would IDPA care about >10 round mags?

  2. #12
    Member Wake27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Eastern NC
    Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    As someone about to move to Colorado - I find this disappointing. That said - I know that the same dark forces that control Kalifornia have a strong hold in Colorado as well. This just reminds me that while I am taking a step towards freedom it is only a half step.

    Maybe my vote will count? Ha ha ha……..
    Where to?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #13
    Deadeye Dick Clusterfrack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Wokelandia
    Quote Originally Posted by CleverNickname View Post
    But the USPSA BoD seems to revel in making stupid decisions, so this is all rather unsurprising.
    The level of retardation continues to impress.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

  4. #14
    Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Where to?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    North side of the Springs.

    I grew up in Laramie so ironically purchased most of my pre-ban magazines in Colorado during the 1990s.

    I have no doubt that this affidavit BS is being pushed by Denver. Is it a requirement for all shooters at any state run range?

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by CleverNickname View Post
    Why would IDPA care about >10 round mags?
    Many IDPA competitors compete with standard capacity magazines even though they only load to 10 rounds. Many people don’t own 10 round magazines if they don’t have to. It just makes sense not to put people in a potentially compromising situation, or force them to buy magazines for a single match. Consider two, some people shoot STI‘s. Those mags are not cheap.

    Take it from somebody who knows. I bought 15 round STI magazines so I could compete in New Jersey. It was probably a $400 investment. Two years later, they change the law to 10 rounds.

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    Many IDPA competitors compete with standard capacity magazines even though they only load to 10 rounds.
    Or 11. It is convenient to use a full capacity magazine to get to a 10+1 start versus a "Barney Mag."

    I shoot mostly ESP with 1911s and have to carry a Barney Mag. I have looked for a SLIGHTLY extended single stack magazine for LAMR but not found one.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

  7. #17
    Member Wake27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Eastern NC

    USPSA Nationals Leaves Colorado

    Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    North side of the Springs.

    I grew up in Laramie so ironically purchased most of my pre-ban magazines in Colorado during the 1990s.

    I have no doubt that this affidavit BS is being pushed by Denver. Is it a requirement for all shooters at any state run range?
    I’m not too sure about the book answer to your question but El Paso county uniformly DGAFs about the mag ban. Even after having heard several sources saying that our sheriff was one of the many that blatantly stated it wouldn’t be upheld, I was a little unsure when I first moved here until I shot my first match. I was in a squad with two county sheriff’s deputies and a CO Springs police officer and they were all rocking full/extended capacity mags. The stores around here all sell various size mags so the county is fairly pro-gun.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #18
    Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    I’m not too sure about the book answer to your question but El Paso county uniformly DGAFs about the mag ban. Even after having heard several sources saying that our sheriff was one of the many that blatantly stated it wouldn’t be upheld, I was a little unsure when I first moved here until I shot my first match. I was in a squad with two county sheriff’s deputies and a CO Springs police officer and they were all rocking full/extended capacity mags. The stores around here all sell various size mags so the county is fairly pro-gun.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks,

    That is the read I’ve been getting from everyone there. I wish Colorado today was the Colorado of the 1990s, but the state offers so much more in other aspects than my other options were. I’m specifically targeting ElPaso county as well instead of crossing the lines into Douglas (while that is more of a school thing the general concept extends to guns as well).

  9. #19
    Site Supporter JSGlock34's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    USA
    Quote Originally Posted by CleverNickname View Post
    Why would IDPA care about >10 round mags?
    SSP capacity is 15 rounds now after the latest rule update.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

  10. #20
    Make like a tree
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    out of here
    Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    SSP capacity is 15 rounds now after the latest rule update.
    And IDPA PCC is high cap too

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •