Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wishing JoshS a speedy recovery

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Seems that mountain biking is getting to the point where dirt bike riders (possible exception of motocross and high-level desert racers) might be in better shape due to wearing more/better PPE.
    I'm not a trauma guy so my outlook is limited but what I see with my patients is horses/horseback riding > mountain biking > atv > motorcycles in terms of morbidity.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Interesting. That could correlate entirely (inversely) with how seriously the respective rider groups tend to contemplate the risk of injury and implement countermeasures.

I don't hit the trail on the YZ with less than ~$1600 in PPE on my body. Which is what I paid for the bike when I initially bought it.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Site Supporter
    All the best wishes for JoshS! Do the PT and exercise, you will recover. Thanks for all your efforts.

Bicycles Kill!

Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Your input here is invaluable. Thank you.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Seems that mountain biking is getting to the point where dirt bike riders (possible exception of motocross and high-level desert racers) might be in better shape due to wearing more/better PPE.
    I was at a bike park, so I was wearing pretty decent PPE. Full face helmet (w/ rotational impact protection), chest protector, padded shorts, and knee/elbow pads. I just went from 20 ish MPH to a dead stop with no sliding. It was an awkward fall. I was on a blue jump trail that I’ve ridden dozens of times. Just some very bad luck with the way that I fell.

Wishing you @joshs a quick and good recovery!

At least you were injured while living life!
    "Rich," the Old Man said dreamily, "is a little whiskey to drink and some food to eat and a roof over your head and a fish pole and a boat and a gun and a dollar for a box of shells." Robert Ruark

Prayers out for the bike.

#RESIST

Site Supporter
    Hey, If you’re not living on the edge, you’re taking up too much space... hope you heal well and quickly.

I wouldn’t be here typing this if it weren’t for the three different helmets I broke during my riding days crashing sucks, but the sudden lack of exercise/physical activity being able to do shit you were doing can have its own negative effects. Try not to let that get you feeling too down during your recovery.

I sold my mountain bike and bought a Grandpa bike to ride on the flat trail system by our house and have no regerts. It's very relaxing and enjoyable.

Name:  no-ragrets-temporary-tattoo-2663.jpg
Views: 253
Size:  39.6 KB

Site Supporter
    Hoping JoshS has a speedy recovery.

User Tag List