Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Wishing JoshS a speedy recovery

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by joshs View Post
    I was at a bike park, so I was wearing pretty decent PPE. Full face helmet (w/ rotational impact protection), chest protector, padded shorts, and knee/elbow pads. I just went from 20 ish MPH to a dead stop with no sliding. It was an awkward fall. I was on a blue jump trail that I’ve ridden dozens of times. Just some very bad luck with the way that I fell.
    Watch out for that tree!

Heal up!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    Watch out for that tree!

Heal up!
    I think anyone who has ridden a mountain bike for very long has had a “damn those trees move fast” moment. Except for desert people, but they have rocks and cacti that can move with equal alacrity from what I hear.

@joshs I wanted to say I am sorry to hear of your injuries and want to wish you a speedy recovery.

I also want to thank you for your work on the NYSRPA vs Bruen case.

Site Supporter
    I was at a bike park, so I was wearing pretty decent PPE. Full face helmet (w/ rotational impact protection), chest protector, padded shorts, and knee/elbow pads. I just went from 20 ish MPH to a dead stop with no sliding. It was an awkward fall. I was on a blue jump trail that I’ve ridden dozens of times. Just some very bad luck with the way that I fell.
    Something in the NoVA area? I haven't been riding much these last couple years and am a bit behind on current trail developments.

Speedy recovery!

Chris

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by EMC View Post
    I don't want to jinx myself, but I've been doing that dangerous sport for more than 30 years and still haven't ended up in the ER from it. It's like anything, you mitigate as much of the risk as possible and then pray to some form of patron saint figure for the remaining % risk.

Also I'm a trail rider not a bike park gnar couch guy. I'm the type that gnar couch listeners make fun of.
    I've been riding for nearly 40 years (49 this year and started in elementary school on the local motorbike trails. I'm not a hardcore gnar guy either and prefer more exploratory trail riding than big air. My current rig doesn't even have suspension, though as I get older I can see the value for rider comfort.

Chris

Prayers up, for quick and complete healing.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    I'm not a trauma guy so my outlook is limited but what I see with my patients is horses/horseback riding > mountain biking > atv > motorcycles in terms of morbidity.
    Plenty of danger everywhere, it always gets me that women tend to promote the idea of their girls being on horseback but flip out at the notion of their sons being on a dirt bike.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    Something in the NoVA area? I haven't been riding much these last couple years and am a bit behind on current trail developments.
    Bryce Resort, which is about 25 miles south of where 66 hits 81.

There is a ton of trail development in NoVa though. Lake Fairfax, Wakefield, and the new trail system at Locust Shade have all received major improvements in the last two years.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    Plenty of danger everywhere, it always gets me that women tend to promote the idea of their girls being on horseback but flip out at the notion of their sons being on a dirt bike.
    Umm mom hated me getting a dirt bike. Then my little sister wanted to ride it. She hated that but realized the danger horses are and forbid that because two of her good friends were serious horseback riders. Ones partially paralyzed from a bad situation.

Get well josh. Thank you for all you do.

Site Supporter
    Bryce Resort, which is about 25 miles south of where 66 hits 81.

There is a ton of trail development in NoVa though. Lake Fairfax, Wakefield, and the new trail system at Locust Shade have all received major improvements in the last two years.
    Heard of it, but haven't been there. I've ridden the other trail systems (except Locust Shade) you list extensively though. I was a regular attendee of the MORE TNRs at Wakefield until I started working from home. Anymore, if I do pull out the mtb, I'm heading over to Conway Robinson for a few laps or maybe Fountainhead.

Fast healing!

Chris

User Tag List