Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A few “new” N Frames

A few “new” N Frames

As a Smith and Wesson accumulator, I recently added a few N Frames to my collection. Oldies but goodies.
    There’s just something about these old Smiths from when real craftsmen built these guns with Old School craftsmanship.

The first one is a 4” Model 58, chambered in .41 Magnum, with PC Magna grips. This gun shipped in March of ‘65.

Next up is a 4” .44 Magnum (pre model 29), with the original presentation case and Coke grips. Shipped in January of ‘57.

And another 4”, this one a Highway Patrolman (pre model 28) in .357 with numbered Diamond grips. Shipped in August 1954.
    Attached Images Attached Images       

I’ll be in my bunk…

I really regret selling my early Model 58, and that pre-29 is just fantastic in its original presentation box. I have a 6.5" from the same year and its a great shooter.

Those are awesome!

I own each of those as well (all about the same vintages too) and while the M58 is probably the best N-frame carry gun ever made (OK, maybe the 520 ) the Highway Patrolman remains the ultimate pragmatic N-frame.
    Heirloom Preicison
    www.heirloomprecision.com

How can I look you in the face without my extreme envy showing? Congrats!

I do love a Model 28.

Site Supporter
    Beautiful steel

Site Supporter
    Targets or it didn't happen...

beautiful

Oh, oh… I added another one to the pile.

But, let’s see if anyone can guess what N Frame I acquired:
    It’s Blue, it’s Square Butt and it’s kinda similar to one of the other three, but not as old; I’d say it’s relatively old. I can give out a few more hints based on your guesses.

Why the game, you ask? We’re in some sort of Triple H heat wave here on Long Island, and I tried to get some pictures outside. Problem is, the humidity is so high, that the gun will “sweat” (like my glasses!) when I take it out of the house, and it will not be photogenic!And for this N Frame, it would be a disservice…

User Tag List