Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What’s your revolver range bag(s)/kit look like?

2x Bore Snakes (.35 cal for barrel, .40 cal for cylinder chambers)
    1x Bronze scrub brush for under extractor star (I buy them at NAPA were they are about $1.25/each)
    1x MultiTasker Twist (https://multitaskertools.com/twist/) with bits that are sized to fit sideplate and grip screws
    1x Small Bottle of oil, I typically use either Lubriplate silicone oil (rated for incidental food-contact) or Lucas Original Gun Oil (also considered 'food safe')

This is in addition to my standard fare of extra ear plugs, muffs, first aid, and B8 repair centers.

Name:  8CC2A6F1-3645-463D-8E2C-5E3D24603939.jpg
Views: 204
Size:  51.5 KB

My rangebag is from Tactical Tailor (they are local), and I like the fact that they are made in the USA. I keep ear muffs, targets, ammo, and chamber flags (the range doesn't require them but it makes the ROs job easier when I use them).

Name:  FECD612D-0F8B-437E-845F-72C88D90A1F1.jpg
Views: 205
Size:  65.0 KB

I keep a .35 borebrush and a .40 borebrush (hat tip to @jetfire ) and a couple of brushes. I haven't needed them but when I was at Tom Givens revolver class he said something along the lines of with this many shooters on the line there will be at least one gun going down that will require it to be taken off the line and worked on. Not surprisingly, he was right. I have a tool that will let me completely break down my GP100 cylinder if needed.

Name:  FAB9E4B1-376E-4A95-978B-B85106AE6023.jpg
Views: 202
Size:  56.7 KB

I carry the guns I pan on shooting in these gun sleeves. They keep the guns from getting too banged up in my bag.
    Last edited by Flamingo; 06-23-2022 at 12:41 PM. Reason: added text

Yeah I do the .40 cal snake thing too, even though I’m nervous about the stress it puts on the crane.

I’m keep a very tight grip on the cylinder while pulling the snake through the chambers.

Quote Originally Posted by jtcarm View Post
    Yeah I do the .40 cal snake thing too, even though I’m nervous about the stress it puts on the crane.

I’m keep a very tight grip on the cylinder while pulling the snake through the chambers.
    Give it a little lube.

Phrasing.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    I only take one or two guns. So I'll preload a bunch of speedloaders (HKS and Comp-IIs) so I can shoot more. There's a roll of masking tape and a black bingo marker (colors the tape in the black). Some more ammo, a S&W sight screwdriver, eye pro, and earplugs. The earmuffs go around the handles.

That's about it.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by jtcarm View Post
    Yes, I’m trying to avoid being “that guy” who makes 10 trips to the truck.
    Oi! At the range it's more like five trips, max...

If I'm shooting just a revolver (and my girlfriend probably hers) that's an easy day. Guns, holsters, speedloaders go in a range bag along with ziplock bags for empties, ammo goes in an ammo can (legal thing, must transport ammunition separate from the firearm), grab a few targets from the storage room and go. I keep a plastic tub in the truck, that has most of the universal range stuff like eyes, ears, pasters, stapler, a small cleaning and tool kit, etc. The situation with target stands at the range is highly variable, but if it's a quick outing and I just need to post one or two targets I can generally trust that I'll be able to do that with what's at the range.

(When it gets fun is when we have a training day with our small group of shooters... My kit, her kit, my pistol, her pistol, my rifle, her rifle, the loaner pistol, the loaner rifle, magazines for all, ammo for all, targets, target stands and other props... No real way to avoid many trips to the truck at home when loading and unloading all that stuff. On those days a packing list written days in advance is my best friend.)
    IDPA SSP classification: Sharpshooter
    F.A.S.T. classification: Intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
    Oi! At the range it's more like five trips, max...

If I'm shooting just a revolver (and my girlfriend probably hers) that's an easy day. Guns, holsters, speedloaders go in a range bag along with ziplock bags for empties, ammo goes in an ammo can (legal thing, must transport ammunition separate from the firearm), grab a few targets from the storage room and go. I keep a plastic tub in the truck, that has most of the universal range stuff like eyes, ears, pasters, stapler, a small cleaning and tool kit, etc. The situation with target stands at the range is highly variable, but if it's a quick outing and I just need to post one or two targets I can generally trust that I'll be able to do that with what's at the range.

(When it gets fun is when we have a training day with our small group of shooters... My kit, her kit, my pistol, her pistol, my rifle, her rifle, the loaner pistol, the loaner rifle, magazines for all, ammo for all, targets, target stands and other props... No real way to avoid many trips to the truck at home when loading and unloading all that stuff. On those days a packing list written days in advance is my best friend.)
    Is your girlfriend’s name Marlo by chance?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Specific to revolvers, brush, ram rod, screwdriver kit. The screwdrivers and brush more for revolvers, I haven't ran across much that can't be fixed with the ram rod or my hands with semi's in the last few years.

User Tag List