Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Love / hate 11” 5.56

Love / hate 11” 5.56

Quote Originally Posted by Cdub_NW View Post
    Yes I am extremely impressed with the new g45 5x magnifier from EoTech on my 12.5” Triarc. The combination is effortless from 0-500 yards.

As for the dot vs LPVO debate…. Both has merit and valid application. Both have attributes that you give up, everyone’s needs very based on intended use and expected environmental factors.
    What LPVOs do you have time on just for context?

I’ve been surprisingly pleased with my Vortex micro 3x and am wondering how their 6x or the EOTech 5x would do. My guess is the eye box would be very limited. I love my Razor 1-10 but that’s $$$.

Also a bit jealous of the Triarc 12.5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post

I’ve been surprisingly pleased with my Vortex micro 3x and am wondering how their 6x or the EOTech 5x would do. My guess is the eye box would be very limited. I love my Razor 1-10 but that’s $$$.

Def. have my attn. as I just pulled a 1-6 Razor E off my 11.5" & was looking @ the Eo 5X to pair w/ my AP T2 so .....

Recently escaped the People's Republic of Portland
    Currently I’ve got a gen2 1-6 FFP razor on a 16” and a 1-6x EoTech vudu on a 14.5” rig. Both have their benefits but sacrificing weight of course.

At this time if I had to pick just one setup, I’d go 12.5” with the EoTech/5x combo. Best of both worlds based on my current inventory. I’d definitely consider a 2-10x optic with an offset reflex on a dedicated spr/dmr setup but that would be ‘mission’ specific and have a narrow usage scope in my world.

In my experience the 1-10x have some limitations on the eye box at max magnification, this pushed me down to the 6x. At the time 8x wasn’t available in the glass I wanted but I’d definitely consider that over a 10x for a multi-use setup.

Quote Originally Posted by Cdub_NW View Post
    Currently I’ve got a gen2 1-6 FFP razor on a 16” and a 1-6x EoTech vudu on a 14.5” rig. Both have their benefits but sacrificing weight of course.

At this time if I had to pick just one setup, I’d go 12.5” with the EoTech/5x combo. Best of both worlds based on my current inventory. I’d definitely consider a 2-10x optic with an offset reflex on a dedicated spr/dmr setup but that would be ‘mission’ specific and have a narrow usage scope in my world.

In my experience the 1-10x have some limitations on the eye box at max magnification, this pushed me down to the 6x. At the time 8x wasn’t available in the glass I wanted but I’d definitely consider that over a 10x for a multi-use setup.
    Yeah 10x is tight but it has all of the other features I want. I really look at it as more of an 8x unless I'm basically bench rest shooting. You think the 10x is tighter than the EOT magnifier?

Recently escaped the People's Republic of Portland
    Oh no, that isn’t want I’m claiming at all. The eye box on magnifiers generally suck I’ve found. But all other factors combine on a shorter barrel rig, a 5x magnification is adequate and the ability to easily remove and stow it as needed, weight and fov, that combo noted for me is ideal. For a longer barrel with a different intended use, the LPVO would definitely be an advantage in my opinion… which is why I run them on anything longer than 14.5” in general.

I’d say the sweet spot for a 1x LPVo would be 1-8x…. 6x leaves a bit to be desired and 10x for me has too many problems with the eye box that force me to power down to 8ish anyway. Might as well get a shorter tube with better eye relief if that is the trade off in my opinion.

Yeah 10x is tight but it has all of the other features I want. I really look at it as more of an 8x unless I'm basically bench rest shooting. You think the 10x is tighter than the EOT magnifier?

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    Who else has a love hate relationship with short barrel 556/223?
    My 10.5" is by FAR my most shot rifle. I shoot suppressed 110% of the time so I don't have issues of crazy concussion etc.

Lately I have been developing good loads with that rifle too. Certain powders give much better performance.

User Tag List