Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: EDC ideas for places where everything is illegal

EDC ideas for places where everything is illegal

Long story short, I am going to have to spend some time in NYC for my job in the next few years and won't be able to carry a firearm when I'm there. My next go to would be a knife, but NYC knife laws are intentionally ambiguous to screw over people at will, plus knives are flat out banned in the subway which is necessary for travel anyways.

My thoughts are a high output flashlight and pepper spray (but even the pepper spray sounds annoying). I was thinking of a cloud defensive mch and putting the rein 1.0 head on it because it has crenulations. Any other thoughts?

I wouldn't carry anything that involves a pocket clip showing on a pocket, even if it's just a flashlight... No need to give anyone probable cause.

Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    I wouldn't carry anything that involves a pocket clip showing on a pocket, even if it's just a flashlight... No need to give anyone probable cause.
    Yeah I am used to clipping knives inwardly to my boxers rather than the pants and would probably do that with a light

My #1 EDC regardless of location is a flashlight in my back pocket. It's obviously a flashlight, not a knife. If I'm relying on it as a primary self-defense tool, I bring the longer 2x CR123 size body.

Here's an interesting belt that a friend in EP (exec protection) turned me on to:
    https://lenwood.com/shop/belts/bft/
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

That’s a tough one. The only advice that I can comfortably offer up on a public forum is to think about improvised weapons—especially impact. To some extent, CF’s light and belt fit the mold, but the idea is everyday items that can also multiply force and be accessed under extreme time constraints. JMO.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Site Supporter
    A Philips screwdriver is always handy and easy to ditch if need be.

An umbrella is a solid choice, and I doubt one can be faulted for going with an unbreakable one.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Work on your posture, your awareness, your phisical fitness, and your hand to hand abilities.

Look like a Lion.

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pastaslinger View Post
    My thoughts are a high output flashlight and pepper spray (but even the pepper spray sounds annoying).
    POM is unobtrusive.

The spice must flow.

P.S. Don't do any kind of screwdriver with a plan to ditch bullshit. Not sure if that was in jest, but just say no.
    Gaming will get you killed in the streets. Dueling will get you killed in the fields.
    -Alexander Hamilton

one of the reasons i keep/take a walking cane w/me when i go to no-SD handgun locales...strictly to assist with my 'walking problems' of course!

just saying...

User Tag List