Page 45 of 59 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast

Thread: The “I need a .45 but do I need a 1911?” thread

Yes

If it hasn't already been said then yes. 1911s are the best. The end.

Love a 1911 but for actual shooting/carry I use this beast, I just shoot the plastic better besides my M9.

My M&P 45 2.0, put a set of trijicon HD sights on it and away I went, JM custom kydex of course for carry.

Name:  mp45.jpg
Views: 693
Size:  29.4 KB

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by Fordtough25 View Post
    Love a 1911 but for actual shooting/carry I use this beast, I just shoot the plastic better besides my M9.

My M&P 45 2.0, put a set of trijicon HD sights on it and away I went, JM custom kydex of course for carry.

Name:  mp45.jpg
Views: 693
Size:  29.4 KB
    MY M&P .45 2.0 4.6" is one of the most accurate handguns I've shot. Was a laser from the first time I shot it. I'm not sure whether it's how it fits in my hand, the particular barrel of mine, or whatever, but it shoots almost indistinguishably from my old departed Sig P220R.

If my memory serves me, the .45 M&Ps have always been good, since almost the very start of the M&P series I've been reading positive remarks on them re: reliability and accuracy.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    MY M&P .45 2.0 4.6" is one of the most accurate handguns I've shot. Was a laser from the first time I shot it. I'm not sure whether it's how it fits in my hand, the particular barrel of mine, or whatever, but it shoots almost indistinguishably from my old departed Sig P220R.

If my memory serves me, the .45 M&Ps have always been good, since almost the very start of the M&P series I've been reading positive remarks on them re: reliability and accuracy.

I think at the very beginning there were issues with magazine springs. Fixed early on and all good since then from my limited knowledge.

These posts just make me wish for a ever so slightly better TS for the Smith.

Same, I had a gen 1 45 early in their life and other than a slick frame surface it was a solid shooter. I traded it on a 1911 several years ago and really tried to love those again.

But in the end I realized I was chasing a dream, same with the P220 I hated it, G21 gen 4 is solid but I won't swap my m&p for one. This thing shoots really well and feels great in the hand, and I got a great deal on police trade in mags from aimsurplus when those hit.

"I need a .45 but do I need a 1911?"

I will answer with some pictures.

If you're going to be a bear….be a GRIZZLY!

My experience with the M&P45 has been positive as well. I use a gen1 along with 1911s as 45 launchers. The M&p is definitely a shooter and I’m hoping smith will release an optics ready 2.0 soon.

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by Corse View Post
    My experience with the M&P45 has been positive as well. I use a gen1 along with 1911s as 45 launchers. The M&p is definitely a shooter and I’m hoping smith will release an optics ready 2.0 soon.
    Glad you bumped my M&P .45 back onto my radar.

I recently got a Glock 22 Gen 5 in my nearly-complete quest to Glockify everything, but I think that two guns will stay M&P for the foreseeable future. First is my M&P Shield Plus because switching to the Glock 43X would get me a larger gun with less capacity and I'm not willing to do that. Plus the Shield Plus has the new trigger which I really like.

Second is my M&P .45 - The Glock 22 and Glock 17 Gen 5 are just about perfect fits for my hand, so is my M&P .45. I don't have a lot of time on the G21 but I know it's at least somewhat fatter.

Just had a common sense moment yesterday. I already have a polymer .45 launcher I like, good holsters for it, and trust it, and it has almost the same manual of arms as my Glocks (striker, no safety). Why spend another $600 when I could just spend it on ammo for my M&P .45? I get that 10+1 loses a step to 13+1, but if you're shooting a .45 you've already accepted an ammo capacity compromise.

There's plenty of well-earned debate around the 9mm M&Ps, but they did seem to really nail the calibers that start with a 4.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Quote Originally Posted by SW CQB 45 View Post

Is that one of those 1/3 scale miniature replica handguns?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by SW CQB 45 View Post

Man that Prime looks terrific!

User Tag List