Page 56 of 59 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 ... LastLast

Thread: The “I need a .45 but do I need a 1911?” thread

Quote Originally Posted by SW CQB 45 View Post
    I found this on the FN USA website.

Midwest Gun Works carries a complete line of most current production and post production FN firearm parts. Parts are available to the public for self installation, but can also be installed by highly trained gunsmiths. Midwest Gun Works Gunsmiths can offer you the knowledge and skill that your FN firearm deserves.

Good luck
    Thanks, MGW was one of the first places I checked. Maybe @e_stern can shed some light?
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by JAH 3rd View Post
    Which LEM version are you going with? I don’t really follow the LEM versions that closely.
    I don’t get why HK doesn’t keep the version numbering the same between lines. It comes as V7, which I think is equivalent to a P30 V1. I’m planning on adding a GG short reset kit and a heavy TRS, and am considering a science project with the trigger itself, too. My goal is a TLG trigger, I prefer the heavier trigger return.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I don’t get why HK doesn’t keep the version numbering the same between lines. It comes as V7, which I think is equivalent to a P30 V1. I’m planning on adding a GG short reset kit and a heavy TRS, and am considering a science project with the trigger itself, too. My goal is a TLG trigger, I prefer the heavier trigger return.
    This is the post with the chart for the parts, when I think back to my P30SK LEM V1:

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....=1#post1417915

4" M&P45 2.0

Surprises never stop.

I've never had a bad mid-size Smith, and the new 2.0 is not an exception.

It seemed to really prefer (by that, I mean one hole at ten meters) the +P loadings, but it was largely omnivorous.

Another bonus is the extremely light felt recoil.

Mine arrived with the factory night Trijicons, and for once, I feel no need to screw with something.

I have a 1.0 M&P 45 4" barrel with 8 round magazine. I so wish Smith would make a 2.0 version of this pistol. I bought this 1.0 on a whim, didn't really need it, just wanted it. The pistol seduced me with the compact size and that .45 muzzle which I interpreted as "take me home". Which I did. No regrets. I really like the grip texture on the 2.0. That texture on a 4", 8-round magazine M&P 45 would be sumpin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Lehr View Post
    Has anyone tried just the APEX Action Enhancement Trigger?
    I have the Duty/Carry kit in my M&P-45 1.0, too bad we are not closer.
    It is a nice setup.

Quote Originally Posted by JAH 3rd View Post
    I have a 1.0 M&P 45 4" barrel with 8 round magazine. I so wish Smith would make a 2.0 version of this pistol. I bought this 1.0 on a whim, didn't really need it, just wanted it. The pistol seduced me with the compact size and that .45 muzzle which I interpreted as "take me home". Which I did. No regrets. I really like the grip texture on the 2.0. That texture on a 4", 8-round magazine M&P 45 would be sumpin'.
    They did, for about 5 minutes then dropped it. Now that the latest updates from the 10mm version are showing up on the full size M&P45s I'm really wishing they would do another 2.0 compact, with the new trigger and factory optics capability. It would be the perfect carry 45 in my mind, and all I would have to do is drop a dot on it and call it good.

I have reread this whole thread because I have a mountain of 45 ammo that has accumulated over the years. I only have 2 .45 acp guns left, both are commander length 1911s, his and hers. Most of the ammo came from my wife's agency, free. They are no longer .45acp, when they were it was G21s and G30s. My wife and I were never big fans of the .45 acp Glocks, she made them work because that was what was issued.

We have been talking about getting something to take advantage of the amassed ammo. to give a bit of history her first duty weapon was a Springfield Loaded Champion which she owns, #2 was a P220 which she liked. From there the transitioned to the Berretta 92fs,she loved that one, then it was the 45acp Glocks. They are currently running the G45MOS, she tolerates this. She is a fan of the DA/SA guns. This will be for fun and at most home defense for her and brings me to my list;

#1 - FN FNX45. Straight up, capacity. I have shot a coworker's tactical and he reports no issues that aren't suppressor/ammo induced. I won't be running a can for a while if ever.

#2 - HK45 or45C. Because of "fuck you and we hate you" reliability

#3 - Beretta PX4. Hidden gem??

#4 - P220 Pushes the $1K limit for this project. Low capacity.

Other ideas,

A budget 1911 ala Tisa or RIA, I can support this and have a good working knowledge, I did make one go full auto once.

Ruger Blackhawk convertible. just for funsies.

I don't know why she doesn't like striker fired guns.

This isn't a replacement for daily carry, her or I.

Mostly posting to keep my thoughts straight..

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Dane View Post
    I have reread this whole thread because I have a mountain of 45 ammo that has accumulated over the years. I only have 2 .45 acp guns left, both are commander length 1911s, his and hers. Most of the ammo came from my wife's agency, free. They are no longer .45acp, when they were it was G21s and G30s. My wife and I were never big fans of the .45 acp Glocks, she made them work because that was what was issued.

We have been talking about getting something to take advantage of the amassed ammo. to give a bit of history her first duty weapon was a Springfield Loaded Champion which she owns, #2 was a P220 which she liked. From there the transitioned to the Berretta 92fs,she loved that one, then it was the 45acp Glocks. They are currently running the G45MOS, she tolerates this. She is a fan of the DA/SA guns. This will be for fun and at most home defense for her and brings me to my list;

#1 - FN FNX45. Straight up, capacity. I have shot a coworker's tactical and he reports no issues that aren't suppressor/ammo induced. I won't be running a can for a while if ever.

Other ideas,

A budget 1911 ala Tisa or RIA, I can support this and have a good working knowledge, I did make one go full auto once.

Blackhawks are tons of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Dane View Post

Other ideas,

A PX4 would seem to be the obvious choice.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

User Tag List