Page 59 of 59 FirstFirst ... 949575859

Thread: The “I need a .45 but do I need a 1911?” thread

I’m in the somewhat luxurious position of having two great non-striker polymer .45 choices - the HK45c and a Beretta Px4. It will be interesting to see which comes out on top for me. If I were a betting man, I’d be putting money on the HK because if the exemplary experience I’ve had transitioning to P30 LEMs.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

I do in fact "need" a .45 option, my brain won't accept otherwise.

A Glock 21 is my choice, there are many good options but I love glocks.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I’m in the somewhat luxurious position of having two great non-striker polymer .45 choices - the HK45c and a Beretta Px4. It will be interesting to see which comes out on top for me. If I were a betting man, I’d be putting money on the HK because if the exemplary experience I’ve had transitioning to P30 LEMs.
    One real downside to the PX4 .45 is the lack of holster options.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Williams View Post
    One real downside to the PX4 .45 is the lack of holster options.
    For duty holsters I agree, but I’ve been lucky - I found that JMCK IWB3 and OWB2 for the PX4 full size fit if they are made in Tony’s “long” variation.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    For duty holsters I agree, but I’ve been lucky - I found that JMCK IWB3 and OWB2 for the PX4 full size fit if they are made in Tony’s “long” variation.
    Thanks for the info!

Quote Originally Posted by Fordtough25 View Post
    I do in fact "need" a .45 option, my brain won't accept otherwise.

A Glock 21 is my choice, there are many good options but I love glocks.
    I have a G30S and a G21. I liked shooting the G30 a lot more than the G21 until I bought this by accident:

https://lonewolfdist.com/twl-large-l...d-frame-built/
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

It has been a long road and I've probably spent more on range rentals than I did on the NIB Sig P220 SAS carry that I brought home from the gun show today. It (a P220 not necessarily a SAS) was on SWMBO's short list and the seller was motivated to sell. The gun has a DOB of 20 May 2018 and I'm pretty sure this guy has been dragging it around since then. 3 stainless mags, paperwork including the Taco Bell coupon in the factory case, only thing missing from the box is the lock, not that I'm concerned, all for 7 bills. If it quits raining ill soot it later today. I have cleaned and lubed while waiting.

User Tag List