Page 53 of 59 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 ... LastLast

Thread: The “I need a .45 but do I need a 1911?” thread

Who have people had luck with for P220 trigger parts?

Looking mainly to shorten the reach but figure I can also look at reset, spring weight, etc. while I'm opening the patient up.

I think Armorycraft has pretty comprehensive list of options; Grayguns has a short reset kit and triggers to reduce pre- and over-travel but not sure if the pre-travel reduction is the same effect as Armorycraft's short reach trigger?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Skywalker View Post
    Who have people had luck with for P220 trigger parts?

Looking mainly to shorten the reach but figure I can also look at reset, spring weight, etc. while I'm opening the patient up.

I think Armorycraft has pretty comprehensive list of options; Grayguns has a short reset kit and triggers to reduce pre- and over-travel but not sure if the pre-travel reduction is the same effect as Armorycraft's short reach trigger?
    For SIG Gray guns or The SIG Armorer is always the answer.

I would not use any internals from Armory Craft.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    Did, not does? Hmm, sounds like that is gone as well.
    This was likely over 15 years ago. The Garand was sold to another fella, to fund another desire, whatever that was at the time. IIRC, it was a Smith model 52-2, that never ran 100%.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Had a P245 once

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I once lusted for a P245, and never heard of the P220 Compact before. This is dangerous knowledge.
    I bought a P245 decades ago. Seemed to check the boxes for a compact 45 pistol. Took it to the range once. Traded it away at the local gun shop. The abbreviated grip frame caused the pistol to squirm every time I shot it. I had to reposition my hand on the grip to re-acquire purchase of the pistol. And this just slowed down the shooting process. If I kept the pistol it would be rarely shot. Ended up trading for a Glock 21. This pistol was pre-fingergrooves. The dealer threw in a few boxes of ammo and a cheap nylon holster. I was happy. At least I had a pistol that I would shoot and enjoy. Just my experience with the smaller-sized P245 model. Not quite apples to apples, but I really like my M&P 1.0 45 acp with 4" barrel and 8 round magazine.

Site Supporter
    I had a P220 for a bit. Ended up trading it after getting an HK45 because I shot the HK better, have a ton of 1911s and ultimately the 220 just didn't make me feel the magic.

I still have my G21 and G30 on account of the fact that those guns are exceptionally accurate.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    I had a P220 for a bit. Ended up trading it after getting an HK45 because I shot the HK better, have a ton of 1911s and ultimately the 220 just didn't make me feel the magic.

I still have my G21 and G30 on account of the fact that those guns are exceptionally accurate.

I really like my P220, but given my current love affair with LEM P30s I should give a HK45 a look.
    Last edited by HeavyDuty; 02-24-2023 at 08:02 PM.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    I really like my P220, but given my current love affair with LEM P30s I should give a HK45 a look.
    Mine is a LEM and I rather enjoy it.

I have one (HK45) but it isn't a LEM. I've had P-220's in the past and sold them both. HK45 is a better pistol in just about every way imaginable.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

I like my S&W 4506

Quote Originally Posted by rkittine View Post
    I like my S&W 4506
    I approve this message.

Name:  171522482.wgGuEFju.DSCN24302_LI.jpg
Views: 333
Size:  79.5 KB
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

User Tag List