Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CR123 EDC Lights - One Cell or Two?

Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    Why? Say more...
    My hands completely envelop a single cell. The two cell units always leave the tailcap easily accessible. I actually don't own a single cell light anymore.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/pbO1BztNFCo

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    My hands completely envelop a single cell. The two cell units always leave the tailcap easily accessible. I actually don't own a single cell light anymore.

The video is set for Private…

Quote Originally Posted by FrankB View Post
    The video is set for Private…
    Oops. Fixed, I hope

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some 1-CR123 lights are longer than others. If the light is close to four inches AOL, I can get a good grip and use the light effectively with my pinkie under the head.

As important to me is a "clean" surface to grip. For this reason, I detest pocket clips - they always seem to interfere with my grip. A clean uncluttered body, devoid of scallops and pocket clips, with some basic knurling work the best for me. For carry I just drop the light in a pocket.
    EDC Light Builder | No Nonsense Everyday Carry Flashlights | EDC Light Builder P-F Sub-forum

I agree on the POCKET CLIP thing! It seems like every flashlight comes with one but I can’t recall ever putting it to use!?!

I have a 1-cell Malkoff BG2 that I EDC, and another one with an 18650 body that I almost never use. The longer body just doesn't fit in pockets as well.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post

"Video removed by uploader"

Quote Originally Posted by O4L View Post
    "Video removed by uploader"
    I couldn’t figure out how to display the vid. Let’s try this again:

Two. (Sized)

Quark MKIII with 16650 rechargeable.
    "Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master"

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar
    This is probably gonna depend on how monstrous or diminutive your paws are, but for me I've found that sub-4 inch lights are on the small side and that results in sometimes bobbling deployment. The freefloating in the pocket without a good pocket clip end up with me bobbling the deployment even more often.

From what I've tried, 4.25-5" with a solid clip is a goldilocks size that is big enough to comfortably draw+use+pocket. There are both single and double cell lights in this envelope. I'd prefer two cell if possible, because that allows for dual fuel of a sizable rechargeable or single use cells. But IMO overall usability > fuel preferences.

I'm experimenting with a coupla more setups that I plan to report back on.
    Gaming will get you killed in the streets. Dueling will get you killed in the fields.
    -Alexander Hamilton

User Tag List