Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shield Arms Z9 Magazine for G43

Shield Arms Z9 Magazine for G43

Hope this isn't a dupe thread. (I did a search, honest).

Anyone try these as of yet? I just ordered 2 + the steel mag catch. I've thoroughly vetted my G43 and hate to go through that with the ammo situation, but 3 more rounds is 3 more rounds. I've had great success with the S15 magazines in my G48, so I think it's worth a shot (didn't catch the pun till a proof read ).

I've also recently purchased an S&W Shield Plus (that's not confusing). This would also have to be vetted, and better sights added (not only better sight picture, but closer to point of aim).

I'll probably eventually do both, but the 43 with 9+1 seems like the quicker path.

Back on topic, any experience with the Z9 magazine?

150 rounds on one, no issues so far.

Mainly just a range thing. Rather carry a 26 or 365 for 10 rounds. CR920 would be nice if reliability wasn’t a concern.

43’s advantage to me is just being lighter with 6 + 1. Z9 mag makes it as big or bigger than better options with 10.

Quote Originally Posted by tlong17 View Post

Mainly just a range thing. Rather carry a 26 or 365 for 10 rounds. CR920 would be nice if reliability wasn’t a concern.

43’s advantage to me is just being lighter with 6 + 1. Z9 mag makes it as big or bigger than better options with 10.
    I have a pair of cr920s. For what it is worth I think they are figuring out the issues (like how aig had to figure out the p365)

Quote Originally Posted by G19Fan View Post
    I have a pair of cr920s. For what it is worth I think they are figuring out the issues (like how aig had to figure out the p365)
    Mine can’t get through a mag of 115 blazer or American eagle brass without choking. HST has been Ok so far.

Are people needing to send them back to get updated barrels or extractor?

Mine can’t get through a mag of 115 blazer or American eagle brass without choking. HST has been Ok so far.

Are people needing to send them back to get updated barrels or extractor?
    Mine hates 115 blazer (brass and alum) all my issues have been with those two rounds. American Eagle has run well for.me. HST, Gold Dots and Winchester Ranger T all run for me.

From what I have heard with people sending back, usually it is a new barrel

I know this is PF, but wow that went off topic quick. :O

Good to hear yours is working well thus far. I shoot my 43 quite well for its size. I would think the 43 is still going to be a little lighter than 26, even with 9+1, no? It’s certainly thinner. I’m not a fan of the 365. I don’t like the way it feels or shoots. I also have a problem with modern day Sig, but if I felt as comfortable with shooting a 365 as my 43, I’d consider it. The SW Shield plus would be my factory 10 + 1 option.

Did a little over 150 rounds through my G43 and 2 Z9 magazines. Everything fed well from 9+1 till empty, even with some limp wrist testing. Only one failure to slide lock, and that was not during the limp wrist test. So far, I'm happy with these, more-so than I might have thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I know this is PF, but wow that went off topic quick. :O

Good to hear yours is working well thus far. I shoot my 43 quite well for its size. I would think the 43 is still going to be a little lighter than 26, even with 9+1, no? It’s certainly thinner. I’m not a fan of the 365. I don’t like the way it feels or shoots. I also have a problem with modern day Sig, but if I felt as comfortable with shooting a 365 as my 43, I’d consider it. The SW Shield plus would be my factory 10 + 1 option.
    Glad I'm not alone.

I have tried, tried, and tried again to like the 365. Its size to capacity ratio is great, but I can't hit the broadside of a barn with it(as well as XL and Wilson frames). Furthermore it's uncomfortable to shoot.

G43X and Sheild plus shoot so much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    Did a little over 150 rounds through my G43 and 2 Z9 magazines. Everything fed well from 9+1 till empty, even with some limp wrist testing. Only one failure to slide lock, and that was not during the limp wrist test. So far, I'm happy with these, more-so than I might have thought.
    Are these still running for you?

Site Supporter
    Name:  Screenshot_20240126_185322_Gmail.jpg
Views: 270
Size:  28.7 KB

User Tag List