Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Baseball 2022

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar

Baseball 2022

Went to the Cardinals game last night. Got some pretty good free tickets from one of our vendors. First time I've been since 2019.

Pirates had lost 9 in a row, and the Cardinals should beat the Pirates every time they play them (everyone should, actually). But when you lose 9 in a row you're bound to break that streak eventually. Just happened to be the one night I finally go to the game.

But hey, how 'bout that Aaron Judge? Gonna be fun watching him chase 60 this year. Good to see ex-Cardinal Matt Carpenter re-finding his swing with the Yankees too.

And also good to see Paul Goldschmidt (ex-Diamondback) having a great year with the Cardinals! I wish him nothing but the best. Classy guy and great player who should never have been traded by the D-Backs.

But then I could name at least half a dozen players (mostly pitchers) who the D-Backs let get away for not a whole lot in return.

I remember telling my wife. in 2001 when the D-Backs won it all, that she should really appreciate how special it was, because baseball World Championships are few and far between.

The way things currently look in the AZ organization, my advice to her might likely be a major, major understatement!

Lifelong Yankees fan. They’re killing it this year (finally). Carpenter’s been a great addition.

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    Lifelong Yankees fan. They’re killing it this year (finally). Carpenter’s been a great addition.
    It's been beyond anything I'd imagined going into the season. Some great individual stories mixed into the overall success of the team thus far.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

At least you guys have a winning record and lead your division. As a Nats fan I’m left scratching my head and wondering what happened to them and who wil be the new owner

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    It's been beyond anything I'd imagined going into the season. Some great individual stories mixed into the overall success of the team thus far.
    Really glad we kept Rizzo, Trevino has been a great addition, Judge has been awesome, and Higgy’s bat is finally starting to come alive. Not to mention the pitching. Just wish they’d bring Gardner back.

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Man I hope Pujols gets to 700. Or at least gets ahead of Arod.

I hope Judge passes Maris too. That'd be the record in my book, to do it outside of the steroid era. Never mind that players today still have access to training and nutrition at an unreal level compared to Maris' day.

Site Supporter
    The M's -Braves game had an interesting ending today. Atlanta scored 5 runs with two outs in the 9th. . . but . . .

That J-Rod kid is a baller. (Not to mention Michael Harris).

I like to go to an M's game, but Seattle. . . .

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Uno View Post
    Man I hope Pujols gets to 700. Or at least gets ahead of Arod.

I hope Judge passes Maris too. That'd be the record in my book, to do it outside of the steroid era. Never mind that players today still have access to training and nutrition at an unreal level compared to Maris' day.
    Well, he got to 697. It's worth nothing that while hitters have access to training and nutrition greater that old time baseball, so do pitchers.

Site Supporter
    For as much as I can follow the Diamondbacks...they stuck. This year. Hopefully next year will be better...

pat

User Tag List