• Single output: 900 lumens/12,000 candela
    • Clicky tailcap
    • Power options: two CR123, one 16650 Li-ion, one 18650 Li-ion

Configuration 4
    • 2-CR123 body
    • Single output: 650 lumens/70,000 candela
    • Momentary only tailcap
    EDC Light Builder | No Nonsense Everyday Carry Flashlights | EDC Light Builder P-F Sub-forum

Thanks for the feedback thus far!

A correction to Configuration 4 above - in order to accept two (2) CR123 batteries, output is 500 lumens/55,000 candela. The head that produces 650 lumens/70,000 candela will NOT accept CR123 batteries, only Li-ion 16650 or 18650 cells.

Corrected info;

Configuration 4
    • 2-CR123 body
    • Single output: 500 lumens/55,000 candela
    • Momentary only tailcap

My goal is to keep the builds "dual fuel" compatible so that CR123 batteries or Li-ion cells can be used. For those who are comfortable with Li-ion rechargeable batteries, there will be Li-ion only builds offered that will offer greater performance (output and/or run time).

I plan on ordering the supplies for the first lot (4 to 6 lights) in the next few weeks, so any input on a configuration you would be interested in would be helpful.

Thanks!
    EDC Light Builder | No Nonsense Everyday Carry Flashlights | EDC Light Builder P-F Sub-forum

Clickbait. I thought this was going to be about actual LEGO's.

I am very disappoint.
    From Older Offspring after a discussion of coffee:

"If it doesn't come from the Kaffa province of Ethiopia, it's just hot roasted-bean juice."

You forgot Configuration 5: All of the above and Configuration 6: Mods here are shit

I may have missed it, what’s the use case? Task light? Fighting light? Both?
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    You forgot Configuration 5: All of the above and Configuration 6: Mods here are shit
    I obviously suck at posting polls! :-0

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    may have missed it, what’s the use case? Task light? Fighting light? Both?
    Primary use I'd describe as "fight light" and threat detection/deterrence. The lights need to be compact and lightweight (easy to EDC), yet powerful enough to fulfill the task. So, definitely not task-oriented but could be used as such in a pinch.

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar
    For Config #4, which (manufacturer/model) tailcap did you intend to use?
    Gaming will get you killed in the streets. Dueling will get you killed in the fields.
    -Alexander Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Sauce View Post
    For Config #4, which (manufacturer/model) tailcap did you intend to use?
    I can use any E-series tailcap, but this is the one I'm planning on using outside of special request;

https://www.lumensfactory.com/en/pro...il.php?pid=501

Reasons;

1. I like the semi-shrouded design. I can grip it like this and easily activate momentary operation but it's (nearly) impossible to click it to constant-on without using the tip of the thumb;
    2. It uses an easily replaceable McClicky switch, which has a long track record of reliability and decent current handling (5+ amps). Can also be modified for momentary-only on request.
    3. It comes with a lanyard loop
    4. A deep pocket clip will be offered as an option
    5. The shape helps prevent the light from slipping forward in the hand

If there is a different tailcap that's preferred I'd be happy to use it. Feel free to PM me.

Also are you good with Li-ion rechargeable cells or do you need to stick to CR123 batteries?

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NH Shooter View Post
    I can use any E-series tailcap, but this is the one I'm planning on using outside of special request;

https://www.lumensfactory.com/en/pro...il.php?pid=501

Reasons;

1. I like the semi-shrouded design. I can grip it like this and easily activate momentary operation but it's (nearly) impossible to click it to constant-on without using the tip of the thumb;
    2. It uses an easily replaceable McClicky switch, which has a long track record of reliability and decent current handling (5+ amps). Can also be modified for momentary-only on request.
    3. It comes with a lanyard loop
    4. A deep pocket clip will be offered as an option
    5. The shape helps prevent the light from slipping forward in the hand

If there is a different tailcap that's preferred I'd be happy to use it. Feel free to PM me.

Also are you good with Li-ion rechargeable cells or do you need to stick to CR123 batteries?
    Cool, thanks. Just trying to understand your approach/reasons because I've been thinking of a similar but slightly different lego build of my own with a slimmer E2 style Malkoff head.

I like your approach with the rechargeable cells as primary but still CR123 compatible.
    Gaming will get you killed in the streets. Dueling will get you killed in the fields.
    -Alexander Hamilton

User Tag List