Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Visible Wireless?

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    If you’re a Brit, this is a “visible wireless”:

Name:  B934820B-EBED-4434-8187-BE2DAE680732.jpeg
Views: 170
Size:  19.4 KB
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    You must be giving up something for the lower price.
    Nope. I switched from Verizon to Visible over a year ago. Its great. Same quality phine service, at a lower price.
    You can't visit a Verizon store for customer service, but the few times I've tried that in the last few years the service was horrible. Verizon.stores don't care about helping customers, only selling products, and/or "upgraded" service.

IF you need CS through Visible you do need to try to resolve it through a chat feature in the app, or website first, but if its not resolved that way you can talk to a real person. Switching my phone was problem free, but there was a problem switching my wife's iPhone. A few minutes of troubleshooting via chat didn't fix it, and a real live person got on the phone with me, and worked with me to solve the problem.

You do need to have a separate account for each line of service, which is mildly annoying, but the cost savings more than makes up for that minor inconvenience.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    A buddy of mine (RIP) was a field supervisory technician for whatever AT&T Wireless morphed to, and he always said the issue with these kinds of companies was they were reselling excess bandwidth and got shed or even had calls bounced when the host network got busy.
    That is NOT the way Visible works.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by DMF13 View Post
    That is NOT the way Visible works.
    It essentially is how it works. It's using their own excess capacity instead of leasing it from another company but it functions the same and has the same downsides. Video streaming is throttled by default and when their towers are congested Visible users get throttled further or dropped if needed. For users in some places it's never a problem but in other places it can become nearly unusable.

https://www.cnet.com/tech/mobile/che...als-out-there/

". . . Visible isn't a traditional MVNO; the carrier "sits on top of the Verizon network," according to a company representative. That means you get the exact same network coverage as Verizon customers . . ."

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DMF13 View Post
    https://www.cnet.com/tech/mobile/che...als-out-there/

". . . Visible isn't a traditional MVNO; the carrier "sits on top of the Verizon network," according to a company representative. That means you get the exact same network coverage as Verizon customers . . ."
    Coverage is just the geography of where you have service, it says nothing of speed or priority.

We may prioritize your data behind other traffic if the cell site you are connected to begins experiencing high demand during the duration of your session. Once the demand on the site lessens, or if you connect to a different site not experiencing high demand, your speed will return to normal.
    So, yes, it's how it works.

Even without priority issues, the data is capped lower.

Also, if you’re on one of our 5G** Networks, speeds will be capped at 200Mbps.
    Both quotes directly from their website.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

User Tag List