Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mossberg 3000

Site Supporter

Mossberg 3000

Yesterday's pawn shop pick up...Mossberg 3000 Police.

Judging by the wear on the top of the receiver, and the lack of wear inside the receiver and on the bolt and action bars, it looks to have been locked in a cruiser mount for quite a while but shot very little.

I knew S&W imported the Howa for a while as their Model 3000, but never heard of the Mossberg version until yesterday. Apparently they picked up importation for a couple of years after S&W dropped them.

Hopefully I can find a magazine extension...Choate shows them "in-stock", but I can't imagine they're still producing extensions for a low-popularity gun that hasn't been sold in @ 35 years.

I've been wanting a "beater" 12g...the last one I bought for that purpose turned out to be too nice, but this one looks to be an excellent candidate.

Learning has occurred. I never knew Mossberg had that model either.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    Learning has occurred. I never knew Mossberg had that model either.
    This is a new one to me as well.

You're going to be glad you jumped on that.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Never knew. Thanks for the education on that. Would buy if they were still a thing.
    Last edited by Willard; 06-16-2022 at 07:23 PM.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    I think of Howas as the Toyota Land Cruiser of hunting rifles. Some quick googling on the 3000 suggests something similar may be the case.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

I knew Howa produced the Model 3000 for S&W to compete in LE sales against the 870, but never seen or heard of Mossberg having the same. Cool find, and thanks for sharing it.

Quote Originally Posted by kwb377 View Post
    Hopefully I can find a magazine extension...Choate shows them "in-stock", but I can't imagine they're still producing extensions for a low-popularity gun that hasn't been sold in @ 35 years.

I ]

I had a SW 3000 bought at auction a few years ago and I did manage to snag an extention from Choate. Maybe three years ago? So not too recent, but there is hope!

BTW, mine has been a great beater gun. Spent less than $300 on it, and I am pretty sure it will still be a high functioning gun when I pass it on to my grandson.
    For info about training or to contact me:
    Immediate Action Combatives

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Cecil Burch View Post
    I had a SW 3000 bought at auction a few years ago and I did manage to snag an extention from Choate. Maybe three years ago? So not too recent, but there is hope!

BTW, mine has been a great beater gun. Spent less than $300 on it, and I am pretty sure it will still be a high functioning gun when I pass it on to my grandson.
    I took a chance and placed an order with Choate this morning. Got an email just a few ago with the subject "A note has been added to your order"...

I was fully expecting the note to be "We're sorry...that product is out of production and we don't have any stock left"...instead, I got a tracking number. [emoji846]

I paid $189 for the gun (it was nestled in the rack next to $250 Chinese Stevens 320's and non-descript Turkish pumps)...with the extension and some sling mounts, I should be able to keep it under $300 all-in.

Does anyone know if the 870 stocks fit? Looking at the receiver end of the stock, it looks identical to 870 stocks I see online (I've divested myself of all my Remington shotguns and assorted accessories, so I don't have one on had to try out anymore).

Site Supporter
    Choate tube mounted and an old CQB Solutions sling/stock mount with a GG&G Benelli Nova front sling mount from the parts bin...now she's ready to roll.

Name:  20220621_170539.jpg
Views: 349
Size:  31.3 KB

User Tag List