Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mossberg 3000

Site Supporter
    Took it out to check pattern/POI.

No issues...a few shells were weak ejecting, but most flew out with gusto (don't know if it was me soft stroking it or a weak ejector).

Shot Federal LE13200 9 pellet (when I deplete most of this stash, I'll switch over to 8 pellet), and brought along some Winchester Defender (obtained in a trade) and Nobel Sport (bought as cheap training fodder) for comparison.

Site Supporter
    Performing the occasional GB search for "Mossberg 3000" and Smith Wesson 3000" just to see if I could run up on some factory wood riot furniture, I stumbled across an auction for a sharp looking blued M3000...and the starting bid was certainly enticing. I wound up snagging it for @ $225 after tax/shipping, and picked it up this afternoon.

This one has a nice deep blue finish, and other than the slide wear on the magazine tube it looks in near unfired condition...it has a rack number inscribed on the bottom of the pistol grip, but inside the receiver and the bolt look pristine. This one must have been an admin's gun.

I had planned to set this one up like the park'ed version, but may go ahead and SBS this one.

For our Mossberg/Howa/Smith 3000 owners: https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....78#post1418478

@kwb377

@Cecil Burch

I've never seen an M3000 though I read articles in the 80s that mentioned them. Are these Howa's expression of a Remington 870? The controls and the bolt look very similar to a Remington's.

Quote Originally Posted by CarloMNL View Post
    I've never seen an M3000 though I read articles in the 80s that mentioned them. Are these Howa's expression of a Remington 870? The controls and the bolt look very similar to a Remington's.
    They are effectively metric 870 clones. And better built than many 870s.

Site Supporter
    LSG Manufacturing in Comanche, Tx had the last remaining stock of Smith 3000 parts. The late Frank Smith who owned it had been a long time warranty repair gunsmith for S&W. Google will show a website that appears defunct, but there is a phone number.

User Tag List