Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Grip question re: Pistol and Revolver....your thoughts on this please!

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    I tend to use Jerry Miculek's J frame grip on revolvers...even my model 629.
    I don't think you could do better than use Miculek for a standard on the revolver grip. He is amazing with his revolver skills. I emulated his grip when firing 125 grain 357 magnum loads in my LCR. That is quite a handful I'll tell you.

I started with wheelguns way back when and used a variation of the JM grip that has been noted.

About seven years ago I started using the thumbs forward grip on my pistols.

I switch back and forth between shooting my Glcoks and my S&W 642s with zero issues on which grip for what gun.

Quote Originally Posted by tpd223 View Post
    I started with wheelguns way back when and used a variation of the JM grip that has been noted.

About seven years ago I started using the thumbs forward grip on my pistols.

I switch back and forth between shooting my Glcoks and my S&W 642s with zero issues on which grip for what gun.
    Same here. I predominately shoot revolvers and use a thumbs down grip (hands are large enough that I would be missing pieces parts of my thumbs if I used thumbs forward with my wheelies). When I shoot my M&P I unconsiously go thumbs forward with no problem.
    Scott
    Only Hits Count - The Faster the Hit the more it Counts!!!!!!; DELIVER THE SHOT!
    Stephen Hillier - "An amateur practices until he can do it right, a professional practices until he can't do it wrong."

User Tag List